• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

What's the worst freak accident you've heard of?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
What's the worst freak accident you've heard of? Could be somebody accidentally dying or getting hurt really bad. Whatever you think is the worst one you've heard of.

One of the worst I've heard of was a motorcyclist going through an intersection as a fork lift working on a nearby construction project turned into the intersection. Well, the fork was raised at just the right hight and the motorcycle was going too fast to stop and... a few seconds later the guys head (still in the helmet) was rolling across the street. This was described to me by a teacher I had in high school. He was an eye witness. I have no clue who's fault the accident was but man... :shake:

So, what's the worst freak accident you've heard of? Feel free to share a few if you can't think of just one.

Impact

V.I.P.
I don't know if it's the worst i've heard but it stuck with me.

A fifteen year old girl was travelling in a car with a group of her friends, all of them wearing seatbelts, and they had a minor accident whilst going through an intersection. They were all fine except the girl in the front passenger seat whose seatbelt had decapitated her. True story, it was a friend of a friend I went to high school with, and another friend was one of the people who cleared up the accident...said it was the first time he'd seen anything like it.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
This only happened last weekends.

This bloke was at a footy game and he was going home, walking down the stairs and he fell down the stairs a mere three meters and was in the hospital and only died on Monday.

Nibbles

meep
Two friends were riding their motorcycle to work behind truck with steel pipes which suddenly braked and they both got impaled by a pipe. Luckily they survived.

BigBob

Registered Member
When I was in Florida I guess a guy and his buddy were out drinking one night.. and on the way home or whatever they were so drunk they barely made it back.. I guess on the way back home there was a wire or something that cleaned the top of the car off and somehow got the passengers head and decapitated him. The driver didn't notice, drove home went to bed only to find the next day his buddy was dead in his car.

I think I remember hearing the guy charged with murder.

wolfheart

Registered Member
Back when I was a teenager, around 14/15 during the summer we would swim in our local stretch of the Thames, we had a rope swing under the foot bridge and would often jump from the bridge itself.

Our stretch has two sides a tidel stretch with big wier gates and a non tidal side which the river boats use and has the lock, this is the side we used for swimming and jumping.
Any way one day one the older lot turned up and was giving everyone a hard time saying that to really prove yourself you should go from the bridge on the tidal side, which he promptly did.

He surfaced and as soon as he did he was screaming for help, we all thought he was having a laugh and as he made his way to the bankside we realised he was hurt.
He was bleeding a lot, and before long we had a load of people around us from the pub across the river and an ambulance crew taking take of him.

What happened was he had gone right down to river bed when he jumped as it was only a mid tide so not as deep as it should have been, something on the river bed had caught him and basicly tore open his privates.
He lost both of his testicles in that accident, one on the river bed and the other removed through infection.

A couple of years later they dredged the tidal side and bought up all kinds of stuff from the river bed from old bikes to shopping trolleys and mopeds.
If he jumped at high tide instead of mid tide he would not have hit the bottom.

Ps I feel sick recalling that as I was there.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
My aunt had a friend in high school who was riding her horse near the railroad tracks and a train came and spooked the horse; the horse threw the girl onto the train and she died.

rotten.com is chock full of pictures of freak accidents. decapitation by helicopter, impalements like the one nibs described, dismemberments, etc.

viLky

ykLiv
Some guy getting sucked into a tree trimmer. I thought that stuff only happens in the movies, but apparently about 2-3 years ago a city worked got caught up in one of those and died. Even thinking about it makes me cringe in agony. Ugh, what a horrible way to go. =(

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
A fifteen year old girl was travelling in a car with a group of her friends, all of them wearing seatbelts, and they had a minor accident whilst going through an intersection. They were all fine except the girl in the front passenger seat whose seatbelt had decapitated her.
I've heard the seatbelt decapitation one too.. maybe it was from you? :shifteyes: But that's probably the worst I can think of, arrgh, the imagery.. Ironic too. :/

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Back when I was a teenager, around 14/15 during the summer we would swim in our local stretch of the Thames, we had a rope swing under the foot bridge and would often jump from the bridge itself.
That reminds me of a pool story I heard. A little kid was in the kids pool and ended up on the drain and had a portion of his intestines sucked out. I believe he lived but still, that's painful just thinking about it. I've also heard of it happening to older kids in deep pools where they will swim down to the bottom for some reason and get stuck on the drain. :shake: