• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

What's the worst excuse?

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
What's the worst excuse you've been given for ending a relationship?

Top of my list is: Not being able to commit because his Ex is 'scared' that he'll disappear from her life and they would no longer be friends.

Even though she's seeing someone.

Can anyone top that?

Hiei

The Hierophant
All of my ex's besides my most recent one were really a mutual breakup, but the last one was pretty bad. I told her that she's too fat for me and that I'm disgusted whenever I see her. She told me that her cellulite was going away and I told her that thinking about her makes me want to vomit.

I think that's the worst I've given.

Yours is pretty lame, though. What does it matter if him and his ex won't spend enough time together, they're not dating.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
All of my ex's besides my most recent one were really a mutual breakup, but the last one was pretty bad. I told her that she's too fat for me and that I'm disgusted whenever I see her. She told me that her cellulite was going away and I told her that thinking about her makes me want to vomit.

I think that's the worst I've given.

Yours is pretty lame, though. What does it matter if him and his ex won't spend enough time together, they're not dating.
They've been together for years and they're really good friends, apparently. I can understand the she doesn't want to lose him as a friend but shit happens and you just make new ones. I don;t get why she needs to be so insecure when she's seeing someone anyway.

Bel, that is a weird reason to break up with someone o_O

Shaggy

Registered Member
I hate the whole, "its not you, its me" thing. Fuck that frustrates. Spose thats what i get with someone that has the emotional capacity of a doormat.

Last edited:

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I hate the whole, "its not you, its me" thing. Fuck that frustrates. Spose thats what i get with someone that has the emotional capacity of a doormat.
You can always turn that around hard though.

"Yeah you're right. It is you. I was going to say something earlier but I thought maybe you'd get off your high horse at some point. Boy was I wrong! You are such a _____________, blah blah, etc, etc"

Have fun with it. :nod:

micfranklin

Eviscerator
That excuse is no longer a legit excuse for me, it has used over and over and over so many times it has no official meaning.

Jaszibabes

The Instigator
V.I.P.
On more serious relationships though, the worst I've heard is "You're too perfect for me. I don't deserve it". Mmmmkay...

Yes, I've been told that before and I got so pissed off. And in the meantime, he was just going off with anyone else, and then when he was bored with that he was always falling back on me whenever he felt like it. I was the idiot who took him back though. Ha. But yeah, that excuse is really bad.

Shaggy

Registered Member
You can always turn that around hard though.

"Yeah you're right. It is you. I was going to say something earlier but I thought maybe you'd get off your high horse at some point. Boy was I wrong! You are such a _____________, blah blah, etc, etc"

Have fun with it. :nod:
lol bahaha! I like it. I must remember that.

That excuse is no longer a legit excuse for me, it has used over and over and over so many times it has no official meaning.
Very true. When she said it to me i actually looked at her blankly and said, "Are you serious?" Then she went on and on about herself for about 10 minutes until i eventually said, "Look, if i say i understand will you stop talking? Because the whole self-centered thing is really bothering me."

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
The worst one I ever got was in grade nine. "My brother says that I'm not allowed to date anymore"

I mean really, what authority does your brother who is only a year older have?

It's okay now though, she got some brain cist thing that swelled up and had to be operated, and it affected her memory, and so now she doesn't remember that we went out. So it's not awkward anymore to have a good friend talk with her.