What's The World Coming To?

English-Emo-Boy

Supreme System Lord
V.I.P.
Okay so with one of the biggest meetings between the worlds leaders and with the most important budget in history also on the horizon I thought I'd watch the news for some sensible and informative viewing.

This was all good and well but for half an hour on one particular news channel they were talking about the outfit the first lady Mrs Obama was wearing and comparing it to the Prime Ministers wife's blouse. They were turning it into a fashion parade.

Personally I thought this was a total disgrace to the News broadcasting industry. For me, I'm far more interested in the state of our world finances. Lady Obama could have been wearing her birthday suit for all I care.

Did any of you see or hear anything pointless on this subject?

Dragon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I was reading the local news and they were talking about Michelle Obama's outfits too. They even had a survey on it! There are far more important news to report than on someone's wardrobe. Who cares what people are wearing. Its clothes and we wear it everyday for goodness sakes. They expect people to walk around naked or something?

English-Emo-Boy

Supreme System Lord
V.I.P.
I was reading the local news and they were talking about Michelle Obama's outfits too. They even had a survey on it! There are far more important news to report than on someone's wardrobe. Who cares what people are wearing. Its clothes and we wear it everyday for goodness sakes. They expect people to walk around naked or something?

A survey? Good god!!

I think it's totally useless, this world has got it's priorities in the completely wrong order.

At the moment we see fashion as a bigger deal then world finance crisis's!

Bananas

Endangered Species
I was reading about how the Obamas gave the Queen an ipod and some of the Royal taboos they commited(Michelle touched her!).

I think we have to be careful on how we critcize because at the moment most of the G20 is behind closed doors, we know what cards are on the table but until positive conclusions come to light all we can talk about is riots and outfits. For once the World leaders know what they have to do, we know what they have to do, we just have to sit and wait for them to do it.

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
A tip for Lady Obama: cream and green shoud never be seen. She wore those two colours when her husband was sworn in, ick.

I wasn't really paying attention to that part of the news, the only thing i ever notice about Lady Obama is the clothes she's wearing anyway; i suppose as the First Lady people in the fashion industry and reporters are going to be keeping a close eye on her like they do with celebs at the oscars and stuff.

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
I think it's BS that the news would rather report on the first lady and kids clothing than the actual news.

I got even more pissed when the news was reporting on the fact that Obama bought his girls a playground and then started looking through a catalog to find out how much it cost and then began comparing the playground to other celebrities kids playgrounds and such.

I honestly could care less and wish they would get back to reporting the news and have actual stories of interest other than Fashion and play sets.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I'm glad to be watching the right channels. None of these trivial things have been brought up in the news. They mostly talked about the summit topics.

Dragon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Next thing you know, there is a terrorist attack coverage and then they break that coverage by saying, we have breaking news! michelle obama is wearing high heels!

The news is being the twitter for the Obamas. "Barack just got on airforce one, Barack is waving to the crowd. Michelle Obama is wearing a red dress". etc.

Last edited:

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Broadcast News has been a disgrace for awhile now. It also reflects how apathetic society seems to be getting these days. For every young person that shows up with a general interest in the world, three more who don't know the difference between a hair tie and fiber optic cable show up.