What's the Weirdest name in the MLB?

R

Rios15

What do you think is the weirdest name in the MLB? I think the weirdest name is CoCo Crisp, who names their kid CoCo. LOL:lol:

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Milton Bradley

Probably just because it's the toy company name. By the way, Coco is only a nickname. His real name is Covelli.

redsoxocd

living on the border
I have to agree with Milton Bradley, I mean everytime I hear his name it makes me think of my little brothers games and toys

N

natnsoxfan

Coco isn't his actual name, it was a nickname given to him by his grandma, his actual name is Covelli, which still isn't exactly a normal name.

Historically I would go by a player with the name of Cletus Elwood "Boots" Poffenberger. He was a little known right handed reliever back in the late 30's, the only reason I know about him is because I was looking up strange baseball player names one day and his was one of the first ones to pop up.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/p/poffebo01.shtml

Today, I would say Jarrod Saltalamacchia.

Hoosier_Daddy

Registered Member
My favorite baseball player's names came from Div-1 NCAA.

Oklahoma pitcher - Bucky Buckles

Oklahoma outfielder - Chip Glass

There was another player, but I can't recall what team he played for.

Rusty Kuntz.

Hoosier.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
There's a lot of players out there that have weird names, and I personally believe Prince Fielder is a pretty unique name, there's not a lot of people named Prince has there real name. Also think Magglio Ordonez is pretty weird. I am not saying Ordonez is weird but Magglio is pretty odd.

Fireball

Registered Member
I always thougth Randy Johnson was kind of funny. I mean, think about it...Randy, like an adjective....and then Johnson. Gross!
:p

J

jtur88

I think the general consensus among baseball people that Van Lingle Mungo is the all time champ. Stubby Clapp was good. but the truly great names were players who used their real name, which was itself memorable. Nicknames should not count, nor should great names that the player forsook in favor of a nickname. Like Debs Garms and Coaker Triplett, and Eli Grba. We have no way of knowing which Japanese names are more weird than the others.

S

smashingt2312

The guy who went to the rangers in the texiera deal, saltalammachia? or something.