What's the most annoying sound in a video game?

yooperchick

Registered Member
I came up with thread while sitting here checking out new posts. My son is playing NES Legend of Zelda and his low life beeping is going off...and it keeps going off....and keeps going off...gosh, let Link die already!!!

My vote for the most annoying sound in a video game is

Low Life Beeping sound in NES Legend of Zelda.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I agree, that beeping sound is very annoying. The sound Link makes when he rolls in Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask is pretty annoying too. It makes rolling to get somewhere faster a big pain in the ass. Another one is the alarm in Goldeneye and Perfect Dark.

Wrecked

Registered Member
haha yeah that low health beeping sound gets annoying fast, especially if you're in a dungeon and none of the enemies are dropping hearts.

i also hate it in games when the characters keep saying the same things over and over again. like in Ocarina of Time, that stupid little fairy keeps saying "Hey! listen!" etc.

and in knights of the old republic, there was some little girl that couldn't speak english and she only had 1 sound file.

LaRazaUnida

Registered Member
Sound track for Robots DS... :(

Listening to it will make your ears bleed and make you want to shuve your head as far as you can up your butt to get away from the gawd awful noise.

"Hey! Listen!"
That is such a good one.

Also, I was just playing Metroid Prime and I recently got the Thermal Visor. I had forgotten how annoying it was to wear that thing. It makes an irritating beep-like noise and it just keeps going as long as you have it on.

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
I don't rember the original zelda too well, but I do remember that the life losing sound was loud and mechanical, so it actually might have been one of the factors that turned me away from the game. I never have finished the original zelda to this day (or even attempted seriously).

I know there are some annoying noises in games that I can't think of right now (I'm extra sensitive to that kind of stuff), but off the top of my head, I'd have to nominate Perfect Dark for the noise of basically anything that the President says abord the Air Force One plane, especially "Why are they shooting at me?!! :sick: " Everytime he says that, I'm always like "BECAUSE YOU'RE A DIP! You're way the hell over there when I'm fighting people off trying to protect you OVER HERE. So OF COURSE they're going to be shooting at you because you keep running off where I can't protect you!" Or sometimes, he'll be right in front of me with no one around or in my sights and say "Why are they shooting at me??!!!" in which case I will answer "DUDE! STOP SAYING THAT! Nobody's shooting at you!!! Are you BLIND?! You trying to freak me out or something??? How the fuck am I supposed to protect you if you keep giving me all these false alarms!!!" And the worst is when he actually says that when he's away from me, and I rush near him hoping to come to his rescue right in the nick of time, but it turns out that no one was shooting at him anyways, so he ended up drawing me away from a fight that I actually should have been in and in effect wasted all my time. Then I get REALLY pissed. :rant:

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Pretty much any continunious beeping or buzzing is annoying in a video game. The repetitive announcers in the ESPN NFL series of games are pretty annoying.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
ScubaSteve said:
Pretty much any continunious beeping or buzzing is annoying in a video game. The repetitive announcers in the ESPN NFL series of games are pretty annoying.
You should play NCAA Football '05. Worst game ever, so actually you shouldn't play it. Anyway, its big feature that year was the all new home field advantage and the crowd meter. When you lead or trail by a certain number of points, the crowd gets quieter, and before literally every play the announcer says "And the crowd has really quieted down." There were a couple others that were slight variations, but he'd mention the quiet crowd every fucking time. It was ridiculous.

yooperchick

Registered Member
LaRazaUnida said:
Sound track for Robots DS... :(
Listening to it will make your ears bleed and make you want to shuve your head as far as you can up your butt to get away from the gawd awful noise.
Woah. Now that is a sound that I do not want to hear. That was too graphic of a representation of what you want to do when you hear an annoying sound in a game.

You scared me away from Robots DS :)

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
Sports games announcers can be really annoying, like Bill Clement in NHL 99. I swear to god, if I have to hear about the "roadkill cafe" ONE... MORE.... TIME...... And of course I love the times where my gameplaying is so intense and unconventional that I totally fuck him up and have him saying things that aren't happening, like when I slam a hard shot off the goalie's pads and another nearby player touches it and deflects it in while he's still saying "he's like a human WALL in there". And then there will be a ton of times where the goal dribbles in on the ground or in an empty net and he'll be like "OHH he SHELFED it!".... what a tool. :mad: