• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

What's the longest time people can hold their pee?

Paul886

I held it once for 2 hrs during car trip, and it hurt.

Taliesin

Registered Member
That's probably how long I've managed to hold mine for too. And yeah, it is pretty damn painful. I certainly don't recommend it. You can do yourself some real harm, I'm thinking.

By the way, I love that this is your first post ever! You really should introduce yourself in the intro thread so we can get to know you a little better! :D

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Very uh, interesting thread idea lol

I don't know the total amount of time for me but I know there have been instances where I've had to hold it for at least an hour because I couldnt' get to a bathroom.

Not a fan of that

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I had to drink a lot of water then hold it for at least an hour for an ultrasound when I was pregnant. I thought I was going to die.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
There are some variables involved here, such as how much you're drinking and how much you're perspiring. When you're sweating a lot, you can drink all the water you want and you still might be able to go several hours without having to go to the bathroom. If you're really dehydrated you can probably go a day or more.

Taliesin

Registered Member
There are some variables involved here, such as how much you're drinking and how much you're perspiring. When you're sweating a lot, you can drink all the water you want and you still might be able to go several hours without having to go to the bathroom. If you're really dehydrated you can probably go a day or more.
I didn't know this. Wouldn't it still be dangerous to do that though?

danwiz

Registered Member
I am a bit confused by this thread. I am not exactly sure if we are being asked how long we can hold it after first thinking "I need to pee" or if we are being asked how long we go between 2 consecutive trips to pee.

If the question is the former, then, yeah, I'd agree with some others - maybe an hour or a bit more from the time I first told myself "I have to pee soon".

If the question is the latter - then I have gone up to 8 hours or so between pees when hiking or working and sweating a heck of a lot, as brought up by Old Major.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I didn't know this. Wouldn't it still be dangerous to do that though?
It depends on what is being asked, like danwiz brought up. Are we talking about how long you can hold your pee after first feeling the urge? Or is it how much time between going to the bathroom?

If you feel an urge to go, it probably is dangerous to hold it for long periods of time. But if there's no urge, then there's no danger in holding in pee that isn't there. But if you go that long without having to go, you should probably be more concerned about dehydration.

Taliesin

Registered Member
It depends on what is being asked, like danwiz brought up. Are we talking about how long you can hold your pee after first feeling the urge? Or is it how much time between going to the bathroom?

If you feel an urge to go, it probably is dangerous to hold it for long periods of time. But if there's no urge, then there's no danger in holding in pee that isn't there. But if you go that long without having to go, you should probably be more concerned about dehydration.
That's true, because your body can be dehydrated long before you even realise it. That happened to me once, and it wasn't pleasant.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Wouldn't it also depend on the person? There's people with undersized bladders that have to go frequently. You have to imagine that there's also people with oversized bladders that have the opposite "problem".