• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Help what's the best way to lower blood sugar?

whiteraven

Registered Member
I've been dealing with diabities for awhile now. It seems that know matter how I do things when it comes to food, I can never get my blood sugar to drop under 100. I need any ideas anyone might have if you've found a way to lower yours down. To give me some help.

Any ways you can think of to try.

dDave

V.I.P.
Hey Raven.

As far as I know there are several things you can do that will really help to lower your blood sugar.

Here is what comes to mind.

-Drink lots of water
-Eat acidic fruits
-Get plenty of sleep

Blood sugar levels are affected not only by your diet but also by your lifestyle. Stress management, having an active lifestlye, it's all really important.

What type of diabetes do you have? What is a common blood sugar level for you?

whiteraven

Registered Member
I have type 2 and blood sugar runs about 155-180. I've been watching all sugars and salt. I was reading something that said a vegatarion diet would help. I've been asking my doctor and the lady for nutertion about it when I see them. They just say eat smaller meals and watch the sugar and salt in things.

Shwa

V.I.P.
I have type 2 and blood sugar runs about 155-180. I've been watching all sugars and salt. I was reading something that said a vegatarion diet would help. I've been asking my doctor and the lady for nutertion about it when I see them. They just say eat smaller meals and watch the sugar and salt in things.
To be honest and frank, it's going to be really hard to watch your sugar with type two diabetes, for the mere fact everything you eat will have some sort of salty or sugary residue attached to them. Have a healthy diet and drinking plenty of water is a great start, but when it becomes too low you will need orange juice and other nutrients to keep your sugar up as not to become drained with the low blood sugar feeling. I'm not sure if you've experienced it yet or not when you have low blood sugar, but it's not comfortable.

~Shwa

penny4URthoughts

Registered Member
The best way to lower blood sugar is to try not to eat too much sugar, exercise, eat more fruits and vegetables, and get a good night sleep. Even better, try not to eat too much during the day.

whippedcream

Registered Member
Look up glycemic index and short walks or stationary bike ride. But be careful cuz you can go too low.

Jadae

Registered Member
I have reactive hypoglycemia, and I keep my glucose level by eating low carb, higher protein mixes of foods, and by completely avoiding corn syrups, fruit syrups, and sugars(the former two are not that great for one's liver anyways). I tend to eat rice with proteins, as rice, even though higher glycemic, tends to mix and match and absorb well in balanced diets. Corn can be okay, too, but too much corn can be inflammatory in folks prone to inflammation.

whiteraven

Registered Member
Thank you for your answered and advice. I'm trying to eat more vegi's and stay away from sugar. I have this bad habit of giving in to ice cream. I can try some sugarless stuff but, I'm not sure they are all that good for you any ways.