• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

What's the best way to get rid of post-baby belly?

NellyBell

Registered Member
I know my stomach will never be quite the same as it was before I had a kid but it's been over a year now and my stomach is still hanging onto quite a bit of extra weight. I know diet is important. I've cut down on sweets, caffeine and try to eat as much organic food as possible. That's not doing it though. I need to up my exercise game. Is cardio the best way to do that? How often should I be doing that? Should it be mixed in with strength training? I would love to be able to do something in the twenty to thirty minute range so I can fit it in while my son is sleeping. Is that long enough to really get anything done?

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
Hi Nelly.

My kid will be 12 in December and mine has never gone away. It's pretty flat under clothes, but I don't know how realistic it is to expect the pooch to go completely away. My sister is a marathoner, a personal trainer, and does all sorts of weight training, and she still has a bit of a pooch; her kids are 20 and 17.

NellyBell

Registered Member
Ah, you deliver such heartbreaking news but your avatar and username soften the blow. Such a great movie.

Being flat under clothes would at least be an improvement! I still have to wear billowy tops. I feel like I've never really properly gotten out of maternity tops. I can totally deal with a little pooch. I'd just like to get it down to a little pooch. Your sister sounds like a champion.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I wish I knew the answer to this because if I did I wouldn't still have one and my son is grown. I've done sit ups till I was blue in the face and unfortunately it didn't help much.

NellyBell

Registered Member
I wish I knew the answer to this because if I did I wouldn't still have one and my son is grown. I've done sit ups till I was blue in the face and unfortunately it didn't help much.
I actually heard situps are bad since it just builds muscle on a bad foundation or something like that. I've recently been looking into something called the Mutu System. It looks promising! Although I'm not getting my hopes up thanks to the comments on here. Still though, it'd be nice!

MissMe

Registered Member
I have always heard the best way to get rid of it is by doing cardio and strength training. Sit-ups are not the best exercise to do for abs. Walking, jogging and weight lifting helped me get rid of my extra belly fat. Walking and jogging are easy because you can take baby along with you in a stroller.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I actually heard situps are bad since it just builds muscle on a bad foundation or something like that. I've recently been looking into something called the Mutu System. It looks promising! Although I'm not getting my hopes up thanks to the comments on here. Still though, it'd be nice!
Problem is exercise helps build muscles but not tighten skin. Although I have read that exercise will increase collagen which is good for your skin.