• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

What's the best blogging platform?

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I use Tumblr because I needed a blog that has no comments, it was my way of expressing myself without anyone else judging me on it.

Falconer

Registered Member
I've used Blogger, WP, LJ and DreamWidth in my time. I wouldn't really recommend either LJ or DW for anything but a personal journal (albeit a sociable sort of one), and DW over LJ, definitely. LJ's going up the creek lately.

Out of Blogger and WP, I prefer Blogger. I actually switched over from WP to Blogger because I got sick of how restrictive the free WP accounts were -- you can't change fonts or put things where you want and so on, whereas with Blogger you can pretty much do what you like. You can also set it to link to your G+ profile if you like, if you have one, which adds another social aspect and helps build up a readership. But as others have said, in the end it's personal choice...

Iris

rainbow 11!
I have always loved Blogger, personally. I just like how it's set up and how easy it is to use. It's not very complicated and such.

whiteraven

Registered Member
For my book blog I use blogger. So far, it seems to be the best way of getting noticed for me on the internet. There are others but I was looking for something that I wouldn't have to do to much to get noticed on the search engines. I guess I'm just picky about which one I like.
Now if you have the money you can create your own and pay for it. Godaddy, isn't bad for that. But when your broke most of the time something free and helps you get noticed I think is worth it.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
Hmm, I want to use a platform that allows comments no matter what theme.
Tumblr does have comments you can enable for posts made by you. You can have it so only your followers (who have followed you for more than 2 weeks) can comment or people that you follow can comment as well.

But the comments that are allowed on a post made by you can only be a certain number of characters long. Usually people respond with longer messages by reblogging your post entirely and adding their comments at the bottom. or by sending you a message.

I think tumblr isn't the best if you're looking for comments. When people like or reblog your posts, that more or less the tumblr way of saying they like what you post.

Personally, I think tumblr is good enough for me at the moment. I'm not a serious blogger. I like how easy it is to find random stuff via tumblr.

Easily-Amused

http://easily-amused.com/
Tumblr is my favourite, but it really restricts the comments you can make on other peoples' posts without reposting them yourself. I tried Blogger and Wordpress in the past and I found that I liked Wordpress the best, but that was about two and a half years ago.