• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

What's the best blogging platform?

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I'm thinking of starting a blog, but there are so many these days. Wordpress, blogger, tumblr, livejournal etc etc.

Does anyone have any experience with these? Which would be the best?

Kibi

Babeasaurus Sex
I use Tumblr for my personal blog and word press for my professional one.

Both are fab but I think Tumblr is a lot more user friendly.

:)

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I've seen a few tumblrs but it seems a lot of them don't have a comment feature at the end of each post. For me it would be important that people are able to comment after each one. Is that even possible in Tumblr? I follow a few but hardly any have comments.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Hmm, I want to use a platform that allows comments no matter what theme.

Pepja

Registered Member
I would advise Blogger. I used a french blog client for my first one, but it wasn't really lively. I switched to blogger and it's actually quite interesting. I created a tumblr but deleted it cause it was kind of useless with blogspot at the same time/

Taliesin

Registered Member
I've used Blogger and Wordpress in my time.

Blogger is better in terms of sheer number of themes, and the user interface is a bit more visual friendly in that you can just drag and drop areas of content wherever you like.

However, Wordpress is my personal preference as it seems to offer some functionality that Blogger doesn't. It's not as visual behind the scenes as Blogger though.

You'd have to check them both out for yourself really, to see what your personal preference would be. Heck, it wouldn't surprise me if some other blogging platforms out there are better still. These are just the ones I've used.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I used to use Livejournal a lot when I was in my teens (so far as I know my account is still active) and I never really had any problems with it, you can apply any theme including ones you make up yourself and it uses groups quite well. I wasn't a hug fan of Wordpress but I know a lot of people use it.

angela901

Registered Member
Wordpress is awesome only disadvantage in free service does not allow javascript, since blogger does it good to get that advantage.