What's that, violent media getting blamed for crime? O:

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Malificus, Nov 7, 2008.

1. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

2. Stab-o-Matic5000

Stab-o-Matic5000 Cutting Edge in Murder

They can't even escape this crap in Japan?

Man, what is it with this generation? Did people blame novels back in the 1800s when someone shot a guy? I just don't fucking get it, man.

3. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

I bet if the guy wasn't crazy or a jackass he wouldn't have done that.

4. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

I dunno, if you met my friend's little brother, you'd start to wonder. I don't think he's a threat or anything right now, but he's an elementary school kid who has a glamorized view of violence (pretty obviously from cartoons and movies), combined with a temper, a selfish streak, a tendency to misinterpret other people's actions as being insults to him, and a lack of understanding about consequences of his actions.

5. Stab-o-Matic5000

The violent media is only part of the equation, however. I've watched action movies and played violent video games my entire life, yet I've hardly ever even been in a fistfight. Certain people are just either crazy or just haven't been properly been taught right from wrong. We've had crazy people and murderers since the beginning of history, this is hardly a new phenomenon of the 20th and 21st centuries.

6. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

If they guy wasn't crazy he wouldn't have been stabbed? Sure, blame the victim. That's totally better.

The girl stabbed her father

7. Stab-o-Matic5000

Now now, no need to be snarky...

Wait, what am I saying...

*checks temperature*

8. Shwa

Shwa Gay As Fuck V.I.P. Lifetime

No, she knew what she was doing. At that age she should already know about life or death, and whats right and wrong. She obviously fell too deep into that manga's story line and went with her instinct....a very bad one at that to kill her parent.

This is kind of like how the whole Death Note scandal started and the online Death Note was found out and publicized over the media. Good thing no one was harmed in that incident.....only threatened by the ill intent wishes of others.

~Shwa

9. ExpectantlyIronic

ExpectantlyIronic e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑

What can you say? People like scapegoats.

Yes. Libraries were (and still are, to some degree) expected to censor their selection, particularly for young readers.

10. Wednesday

Wednesday Registered Member

Omg thats disgusting...she was 15, so its not like shes too young to really know what she was doing!!
    My daughters 14, and i have no doubt she has her head screwed on..this girl had issues that didnt just result from anime.

Seriously worrying