• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

What's so special about Adobe Cold Fusion?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've noticed a lot of sites using the .cfm extension for their pages lately. One that comes to mind is MySpace. Generally the big sites of recent have mostly used .asp.

Does anybody know what benefits there are to creating sites with Cold Fusion? Does it have any advances with Flash and other new web media formats? Obviously it's going to work nicely with Flash because Adobe puts them both out.

I also suspect YouTube is using Cold Fusion, but they do a very good job of hiding their page extensions. I couldn't find a single page on their website that shows the extension.

So what's the deal with Cold Fusion Media? Good / bad / so so? Who has used it or has an opinion on it?

EXQEX9

Yep.
Whats "Server Side Web Coding"?