• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

what's one book everyone should read?

Iris

rainbow 11!
For me, i have two. brave new world by aldous huxley and the hand maid's tale by margaret atwood. both take place in a dystopian society. they are very good and disturbing. especially now when there are so many more similarities between today's society and the book.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

dude Handmaid's Tale scared the shit out of me

Iris

rainbow 11!
It's very disturbing. but such a good read. I had to read it for my tenth grade english class. sometimes I wish I could find that teacher because aside from my latin teacher, she helped me the most.

Rehmo

1984/Animal Farm by Orwell
Fahreheit 451 by Bradbury
Of Mice and Men by Steinbeck
The Stand by King
Lord of the Rings by Tolkien
The Outsiders by Hinton

I've read all these multiple times and each time I find something esle new I love about them

Sabby

Catch 22 by Joseph Heller. I chse it for a Grade 11 book report/essay. It was tough to follow at first but by the end of it I was blown awy. One of the greatest literary works of the 20th Century IMO

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
Sabby that's on my To Read list

Rehmo, The Stand is one of my all-time favorite books, tied for #1 with Slaughterhouse Five.

BobbyD_29

As for others...

Fahrenheit 451, by Ray Bradbury
The Catcher In The Rye, by J.D. Salinger
In Cold Blood, by Truman Capote

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
I won't lie, I don't read much as I just lose complete interest as my mind tend to wander off when I concentrate on reading but there's 3 books I read in high school that actually got my full attention:

The Hatchet
Of Mice And Men
12 Angry Men

They might be easy reading for most of you guys or childish but I liked them a lot.