• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

What's new? LeBron's not having a ball so far

S

scottmcgrady

The field-goal percentages are still about the same compared to last year's shooting statistics, but many players still are not happy about the new ball.

LeBron James, who shot 50 percent from the field in his first two games and was 3-of-13 in the Cavs' loss against the Charlotte Bobcats, is not a fan of the new ball.

"Sometimes it feels good, sometimes it doesn't," James said. "There's not consistency. I don't know why we can't get used to the ball. They used the ball during the All-Star Game last year. I was the MVP, and it wasn't because of the basketball. With the other ball, you had consistency, and you knew what you were getting. [The new ball] sticks to your hand, and sometimes it doesn't."

Dennis Scott, one of the NBA's great 3-point shooters, is now a radio announcer in Atlanta. He shot the ball for the first time on Tuesday.

"I love it," Scott said. "I wish I had the ball during my career, and I would've really showed people how to shoot. Guys have complained about the ball when it gets wet. I haven't experienced that, but the ball feels good, and if my knees felt better, I'd come back so I could shoot with this ball."

Unbelievable:

T.J. Fontenette aka "Air Up There" became the first man to complete a 720-degree dunk during the And1 Mix Tape Tour last summer. The dunk was so incredible that Atlanta Hawks forward Josh Smith was impressed. Smith, who won the NBA's dunk contest two years ago, said he can't duplicate the dunk.

"The first time I saw [the replay], I thought it was a video game," Smith said. "He's only 6-2, and that made the dunk really crazy. If he was in the NBA dunk contest and did the 720-dunk, he would win on that dunk alone. They would have to shut everything down."

Dribbles:

After three games, the Cavs were plus-seven in points deferential when James is in the game and minus one when he's off the court. . . . James has played in all 12 minutes of the first and third quarter, and he has not started in the second quarter. . . . Larry Hughes, on his campaign slogan if he would ever run for Governor of his state of Missouri, "Free money for everyone," Hughes said. "That would definitely get me re-elected."

More complaints about the ball. Someone should start a petition.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yes a lot of people have been complaining about the new ball, but the key word of this is NEW, of course people will complain about it, it's new and their not used to it. Just give it a little more time, and then people will be saying I love this ball, it's better then the old one. They just need to be patient and they'll like it.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
Well they aren't getting paid milions a year for nothing. Get used to it.

That's one part of being a professional. You have to be able to adapt.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't totally agree with you on that one Oxy. These players play the game they love and if they want to voice their opinion about something there aloud too. But they will get adapted to it in the near future because it's something they need to give it time to get used too which they will.