What's in your chocolate?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dragon, Apr 29, 2005.

  1. Dragon

    Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

    I came across this article: http://www.newsnet5.com/irresistible/4432062/detail.html . I am kind of skepticle about this one because the girl said that she went back and bought all the remaining candy bars to see if they were infested. If I was in her position, I call the health department so that way the candy bars are still in the store and the health department can go to the store and check it out.
     

  2. doubles2004

    doubles2004 Registered Member

    no way if i found that i sure would not go back to the store and buy more im like you i would want them in the store to be found by the health dept
     
  3. SamusAran86

    SamusAran86 Registered Member

    that is just gross..

    Ive heard of old chocolate where it just crumbles nd tastes like crap, but maggots... EWWW
     
  4. Mina

    Mina Registered Member

    My step father used to work for Harmony Foods.. a company that does lots of items coated in chocolate... Just to let you know that at least there it was not in any was shape or form that anything like that could happen.

    The chocolate is stored in 50 lb bars.. then melted in a large tank... once it's melted (the chocolate is at a temp that bugs, eggs, germs, etc could not live though the process) it is pumped into little tiney tubes then sprayed into the machine that does the coating.
     
  5. worldwide

    worldwide New Member

    Disgusting :eek:hno: But I do not really believe this can happen with chocolate.
     
  6. 1_ares_1

    1_ares_1 Registered Member

    I'm a mom so I've seen food left in every imagineable place...sometimes "long-lost" hahaha... never have I even seen anything remotely resembling flies, maggotts, or even the eggs on chocolate. I don't think it attracts them. She's prolly full of ..... ummm doggy chocolate :lol:
     
  7. Teorropy

    Teorropy Registered User

    Yeah, I am with Tater on this one, gross, maggots. I think that would cure my taste for chocolate for ever.
     

Share This Page