What's in your chocolate?

Dragon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I came across this article: http://www.newsnet5.com/irresistible/4432062/detail.html . I am kind of skepticle about this one because the girl said that she went back and bought all the remaining candy bars to see if they were infested. If I was in her position, I call the health department so that way the candy bars are still in the store and the health department can go to the store and check it out.

doubles2004

Registered Member
no way if i found that i sure would not go back to the store and buy more im like you i would want them in the store to be found by the health dept

Mina

Registered Member
My step father used to work for Harmony Foods.. a company that does lots of items coated in chocolate... Just to let you know that at least there it was not in any was shape or form that anything like that could happen.

The chocolate is stored in 50 lb bars.. then melted in a large tank... once it's melted (the chocolate is at a temp that bugs, eggs, germs, etc could not live though the process) it is pumped into little tiney tubes then sprayed into the machine that does the coating.

1_ares_1

Registered Member
I'm a mom so I've seen food left in every imagineable place...sometimes "long-lost" hahaha... never have I even seen anything remotely resembling flies, maggotts, or even the eggs on chocolate. I don't think it attracts them. She's prolly full of ..... ummm doggy chocolate :lol: