• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Discuss Whatever the Weather

Bliss

Sally Twit
So this week has been boiling hot where I live and it's the only hot week we're going to have in July, looking at the forecast for next week.
We had a couple of weeks of rain, a week of sunshine and the month will end with another week of rain.

Is the weather unpredictable where you live as the Seasons change, or do you pretty much know what to expect?

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I live in Melbourne, sort of, and it's known for having four seasons in one day, so it can be pretty unpredictable. Right now it's the middle of winter, we have had some weeks that are cold but we've also had weeks that have been nice and sunny and warm.... during the middle of winter.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I use to know what the weather was going to be like around here but last winter was mild only a sprinkling of snow, spring was hot and dry and summer has become even hotter and dryer. We have had one good rain in the last two months.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
What's your hot temp Bliss? 22 celsius degrees :p

I don't think there is a place in the world where the weather has the potential to change so quickly in matter of minutes like Melbourne. I kid you not, during summer we get half a day of 40 degrees celsius and then heavens open.

Bliss

Sally Twit
HAHAHA! No it was close to 30!! That's bloody hot if you're not used to high temperatures.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Close to 30? You mean not even reaching 30? Oh Bliss, come spend a Summer with us. Wait until it gets over 40.

Bliss

Sally Twit
It was 28. In London it did reach 30 yesterday.

I've been to Rome before where it was 37 and I was practically dying. Think I'll pass on Australia!

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Haha, 28 is just a nice mild day, I would't consider 28 to be 'hot' but just a bit warm.

On the flip side, I consider anything under 15c to be pretty damn cold haha.

SuiGeneris

blue 3
Well, I live in the midwest and our weather is very sporadic. We experience all four seasons and we experience close to the extremes of all of them as well. This year has been unseasonably hot, seeing temps top the 110 F mark. For the past month and a half to two months we have regularly lived in the 100+ area. I think maybe in 30 days we've seen a total of....8 days now that have been under 100. So basically, we're sitting about as hot as australia, according to Alex. Hip hip...hooray!

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
The weather in St Louis is sometimes hard to predict. There was one time I'll never forget where I went into a business meeting with a client and it was around 65-70 degrees when I went in. When the meeting was over, about an hour and a half later, it was snowing outside. Yep, true story haha

Lately it's just been brutal...setting records of consecutive days of over 100 degrees and I've only had one good rain in months. My grass is dying and a couple of my bushes in the front yard are probably going to die because they've gone brown. Please God, send some rain.