• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Whatever Happened To the Anthrax Threat? Whatever Happened To the Anthrax Threat?

Rapier

V.I.P.
Talk about under reported events. Where is the mainstream followup to this open wound sore?

It's almost as if the stolen anthrax is a piece of stolen art.

fractal

Eye see what you did ther
Nothing has happened. It's just been forgotten since there were no more Anthrax threats.

wooly

I am the woolrus
another blown out of proportion incident. Just like SARS or bird flu. After all those outbreaks were gonna have catastrophic, armageddon like effects i'm surprised i'm still feelin fine! Except for a touch of hayfever :p

They said that there was no danger to the public, hence why the sample was on display to the public with unrestricted access. Nevertheless the media jumped on it so they could have another scare story :p

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
another blown out of proportion incident. Just like SARS or bird flu. After all those outbreaks were gonna have catastrophic, armageddon like effects i'm surprised i'm still feelin fine! Except for a touch of hayfever :p
What happens when big business and big government get together with big media? Nothing good.
The Associated Press: Council of Europe slams WHO handling of swine flu

The bird flu freak-out and the short supply of vaccines? Man, they played us for suckers.
WHO, the U.N. health agency, has said those who claim swine flu was a fake pandemic created for the benefit of drug companies are irresponsible.

A report by the health committee of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe, a 47-member human rights watchdog, says the public health guidelines by WHO, EU agencies and national governments led to a "waste of large sums of public money and unjustified scares and fears about the health risks faced by the European public."

Rapier

V.I.P.
Nothing has happened. It's just been forgotten since there were no more Anthrax threats.
wooly

They said that there was no danger to the public, hence why the sample was on display to the public with unrestricted access. Nevertheless the media jumped on it so they could have another scare story :p
You're kidding aren't you? I'm talking about the anthrax letters.

2001 anthrax attacks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
What are you asking? Are you implying there are anthrax threats that are going unreported or are you asking what happened to the missing anthrax and why isn't anyone following up on it? At this point I agree with fractal, no more threats being made thus nothing to report on.

Rapier

V.I.P.
What are you asking? Are you implying there are anthrax threats that are going unreported or are you asking what happened to the missing anthrax and why isn't anyone following up on it? At this point I agree with fractal, no more threats being made thus nothing to report on.
Like I alluded to with the stolen art comment, the rest of the stolen anthrax is out there somewhere. Someone monitors it with lingering smile.

Having witnessed the media frenzy that was TMI, where nobody died I question the lack of media tenacity.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Like I alluded to with the stolen art comment, the rest of the stolen anthrax is out there somewhere. Someone monitors it with lingering smile.

Having witnessed the media frenzy that was TMI, where nobody died I question the lack of media tenacity.
It hasn't turned up, obviously someone has it. What is it exactly you want the media to report on?