• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

NES What year did you first get a NES and What attachments did you have for it.

fuzzykitten3769

Registered Member
I was 10 when i first bought my NES I had two power pads and two zappers.
Long Live Duck Hunt!

SamusAran86

Registered Member
I got my NES for Christmas in 1985. We sold off 2 2600 and a colecovision to help pay for it.

over time, I had a Advantage, a NES Max. other than the standard controllers, I had no other pereferials

I now have almost 200 NES games

Nanner

Registered Member
You all remember the year? Wow! Hmmm it was new out....that much I know. Went into ToysRUs to buy a game in a box :::gasp::: and the hubby and I walked out with our first NES. Had a stearing wheel with foot pedels at one time and some dancing/exercise pad. Of course the gun and joy sticks that came with. That's all I can remember right now. I know the pad thingy is long gone but still might have the wheel around somewhere. I know the system is still here along with quite a few of the games. Went on to Super and Game Boy but when 64 came out we switched to PlaystationII and now XBox.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
There's always been one laying around since I was born. We had the standard controllers, the running pad, and a light gun. I'd have to say my favorite game of all time is SMB 3 and Duck Hunt was the gear.

fuzzykitten3769

Registered Member
Did you happen to have that cart that had track meet, mario bros and duck hunt ? I liked that game for power pad although my NES didn't work to well.... It had a bad 72 pin connector.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Why yes, yes I did. It all came in one package with the NES if I remember correctly.

SamusAran86

Registered Member
I had the Super Mario/Duck Hunt set... I also have a top loader nes. just need some orinigal controllers for it.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I got mine for Christmas in '86 or '87 I think. Two controllers and a light gun.

I don't remember the year we got it, because it was moreso a gift for my older brother I think. I was too young to really make use of it. I do remember playing it back when I was 4 though and thoroughly enjoying it. I also remember we had two controllers and a light gun.