What would you offer?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AngelsPeak, Jun 18, 2008.

1. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

If the world as we know it were to go to a system of barter in exchange for goods, what would you bring to the table?
    Do you think you'd have anything to offer, or would you find yourself doing manual labor in order to earn food for your family?

I might, just might be able to live comfortably off of my artwork, or maybe doing some kind of writing. Other than that I'd probably go hungry most days.

2. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Manual Labor. I've already spent my whole life in construction.... lol I couldnt imagine that changing any time soon

3. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

I would bring my knowledge of mechanicology, Chemistry and metallurgy to the table for trade. I am the king of low tech..

4. raye_raye

raye_raye my bologna has a 1st name

I'm sure I would be stuck doing something as some source of service to get by.

edit: wow that sounds really bad, but meant as like in reference to cleaning, house help, ect

Last edited: Jun 18, 2008
  5. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

I think that manual labor is the way that I'd have to go, I don't have a lot of things that are worth a lot, except for my coin collections and some writing skills obviously not as perfected as Angels or Constantine. Maybe knowing a lot about computers might help me as well.

6. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

MmmmHmmmm:rolleyes:

I'm sure you'd get by very nicely with those kind of services as well.:lol:

7. Zachary

Zachary ,,l,, //_- ,,l,,

ill trade not be annoying to people who pay up. or just play guitar like the bums in almost all cheech and chong movies

8. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

I would also sell my body on week nights.....thats one market to consider.

9. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Entertainment. Tra la la la...

10. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

I'd start to study music and guitar more and see if Angels or Constantine would take me under their wing for writing. Until I would be able to support myself with the aforementioned, I'd probably do something along the lines of what Raye said.