• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

what would you invest in?

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I've been disappointed with the lack of old school style "show your imagination and colors" threads in GD lately, so here's one for old times sake.

The hypothetical situation; You're confronted by a frustrated business mogul who is rich beyond you're wildest dreams. But he/she is bored and wants to see what you would do with a blank check.

So there it is... You have a blank check with only one stipulation.... Invest it in something, Anything, from a fireproof orphanage, to the original Mattell barbie doll molds, to Sports teams, to buying off the uzbekistan Mafia to be the Uzbek King, or even buying a shrimp boat. The only rule is you cannot just cash out and walk away.

What do you invest in?

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I would invest in Pixar Animation Studios who have been my obsession for at least 5 years now. That studio seems to be physically unable to make a bad film. Each movie has been both critical and financial successes and I personally love each and every one of them. So yeah, I would invest in them.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
IF I was given a blank check with unlimited funds I'd buy a controlling stake in a massive public company like Microsoft, Apple, GE, or maybe a European car company like Volkswagen.

karaixx

Registered Member
I would invest on space discovery agencies like NASA and ESA. I truly believe that our future, as human beings, will much depend on the evolution of space technology. We are overpopulating here on Earth, so the next logical step would be taking another planet, like Mars, and build auto-sustainable infrastructures so that we can live there, and start planet-colonizations. Likewise, if Earth get hit by some giant asteroid, the human race would not be entirely annihilated.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I think something like a large food chain because they're never going to stop making money. You can find a Maccy D's on practically every corner here now and it's always rammed with people.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Sponsor in the World Cup. Get official rights for all viewing especially the last 16 team matches. This is the most watched all over the world. Tons of exposure and a wide market.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
Sponsor in the World Cup. Get official rights for all viewing especially the last 16 team matches. This is the most watched all over the world. Tons of exposure and a wide market.
This. I would try to sponsor every World Cup in each sport that is held, Cricket, Rugby, etc.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I'd use that money to buy the Sharks. I feel like one of the winningest hockey teams (at least in the regular season) over the past few years would be a good place to invest money. We'd make money, I'd get to make changes to my favorite sports team. it's a win-win for everyone. Ha.

Wade8813

Registered Member
I'd definitely be interested in buying out the Seattle Mariners - not only do I want them to help do better, but they need new ownership.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'd buy the Montreal Canadiens. They always sell out no matter how the team is doing and it would be a smart investment for me. It would actually be a win-win since I wouldn't be losing any money.