What would you do?

missmel2

Registered Member
Well I posted before about starting a business bit recently My dh mentioned coming and working with me... ( alittle backround is he works in hvac and lay offs yearly are a normal thing, but mellow weather makes a bad yearand this year it is been really bad and we are tired of it)
I run an in home daycare. Well out of my morbid curiosity I decided to see what this would do for us financially, so I put it all into money , did some charts and graphs, worst case scenerios etc, and turns out we would be up 14k a year at our lowest point with him working with me at home, and upwards another 20k a year. as apposed to just living pay check to pay check they way we are now. And shameingly said we even have to use food stamps right now ,,, I know sad isnt it. Anyway I have one last thing I need to figure out and actually will be paying to go see an accountant next tuesday to ask him about and that is taxes. See dh and I are actually ex dh and ex wife ;) so we are not married and come tax time he claims two of the kids and I claim one and well we get a pretty good tax return between the two of us, I dont want to lose that so I am trying to figure out what effect it will have on our tax returns. Heck what id love to happen is for his boss to get wind and give him a 10 an hour raise LOL , anyway the fighting and spending all day every day isnt an issue, he has been laid off for nearly two months recently and then another week this last week , we actually get along better with him here all the time. So what do you think? Can you think of any concerns or worries about it ? what would you do if it were your spouse? Sorry for the book would love to hear your opinions though !

doubles2004

Registered Member
Well dont feel bad i keep bags and bags of them here and keep a big candy dish sitting here on my desk full of them at all times i love um there almost better than well never mind :lol:

Mina

Registered Member
mmmm m&m's O want some!!

Actualy I rarly eat sweets, and have always been that way.. my mom would give me a big box of see's candies and I'd have a bite out of one and be done... Now the kids on the other hand..... Ok so I have 1 that's like me in that respect... And well... lets just put it this way...Quillan's first word was Chocolate He is a true chocoholic...

As far as you and your DH or exDH, if you get along that well than go for it, jsut make sure if your fighting or having a disagreement that you don't bring it to work with you.

missmel2

Registered Member
lol my ""boyfiriend andI were married we got divorced in 2000 but got back together early the next year. so i just call him my husband.