What would you do if......?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sylar, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Sylar

Sylar Registered Member

I made this thread out of interest and creativity. Here is where I will post a question that goes along the lines of What would you do if.....? and you the reader must answer.

What would you do if you and one of your friends were held hostage, but the hostage taker would let one of you go and the other would get shot and he gave you time to talk it over. Would you let your friend go and let yourself die? Or choose to survive and condemn your friend?

Answer if you wish. There is no right or wrong answer, this is just out of curiosity.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2009

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

[highlight]To keep this thread from being moved to ST people should probably just answer the question in the OP. Otherwise it will get spammy.[/highlight]

As for that question. No doubt about it I wouldn't condemn a friend to death. I'd let the friend go. Man that would be a bad situation. It's terrible just to think about. I'd be in trouble if I was with a friend who thought the same way.

3. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Depends on the age and situation of the friend. If it was an older friend who'd lived more of their life but had no family, then i'd let myself live. If it was a friend who was married with kids, i'd let them live. If it was someone in the same situation as me, then i'd put myself first cause i'm sure they's do the same.

4. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I'd probably let myself die as I would hate to live with that on my conscience for the rest of my life. I'd feel awful if I was responsible for letting someone die when I could have prevented it. Yes, I would leave a lot of upset people behind but I know I wouldn't be able to cope if I let myself live.

5. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I first thought I'd save the friend, because like Bliss said, I wouldn't be able to live with that on my conscience. But then you have to think about the people you leave behind... it really comes down to would I rather let my friend die OR make my whole family suffer my death? (assuming they would miss me, that is :lol:)

6. Sylar

Sylar Registered Member

Personally I'd let myself die. But my last words to my friend would be for him/her to earn my sacrifice. To go out and do something that'll help alot of people. Or just to become a good person. My life isn't worth 10 of my friends. I'd let them go and let myself be killed. I'd hope that the hostage taker would get caught though and he gets shot and an angry mob stops on his grave. :)

7. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I'm a mom of 3 little kids. It's my responsibility to stay alive for them. Hopefully, my friend would be the type who doesn't care to die (maybe I should be looking for more suicidal friends) or has no close ties with family or other things. In that case, it would be easy because I know my friend would sacrifice him/herself me. Now if we're more or less in the same boat, it's time to play rock, paper, scissors (and cheat!).

8. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I would definitely let the friend go. I don't want to die, but just knowing that I chose to live instead of my friend would bother me for the rest of my life, and I guarantee I would get nightmares because of it.

Bananas likes this.
  9. ancredelamour

ancredelamour Registered Member

It really depends on what friend I have with me ;)

10. Hiei

Hiei The Hierophant

It depends on where we were shot and how long it would take to die. You could shoot someone in the stomach and they'll die in agony for the next hour, or you could shoot them in the head and they'll die much quicker.

But, depending on the friend, I'd probably let them shoot my friend anyway.