What would you do about this? (help needed)

MJonesMBA2001

Registered Member
OK, my wife and I are adopting a baby from China. I am trying to learn some Chinese (language) through a type of CD called the Pimsleur method. I bid on some introductory CDs, and have been outbid. I got this email (from someone other than the seller):

I am offering MP3 versions of complete audio language courses. I am offering Pimsleur Mandarin I, II and III (total 90 lessons or 45 hours) for just $29.99 which includes FREE worldwide shipping. I noticed you made a bid of $26 for the Pimsleur Mandarin (18 lessons), which you would have to add $6.99 for shipping which in total is $32.99. If you purchase what I am offering, you would make a saving of $3! Not only that, you would receive the Pimsleur II and III for FREE (in total 90 lesson)! If you are interested, please reply to xxxxx for a Paypal invoice, or to find out about over 20 other languages. I am a Verified Paypal Member and can email sample lessons of your choice.
I'm pretty sure this guy has basically ripped or burned the CDs from a legit copy, but, is this something I could get in trouble for buying? What would you do?

kromsales

Registered Member
MJonesMBA2001 said:
OK, my wife and I are adopting a baby from China. I am trying to learn some Chinese (language) through a type of CD called the Pimsleur method. I bid on some introductory CDs, and have been outbid. I got this email (from someone other than the seller):

I'm pretty sure this guy has basically ripped or burned the CDs from a legit copy, but, is this something I could get in trouble for buying? What would you do?
Report him to ebay what he is doing is illegal.

MJonesMBA2001

Registered Member
I pretty much thought what he was doing wasn't on the up and up. My conscience was screaming - DO NOT DO ANYTHING WITH THIS PERSON!! Thanks for validating that for me. I did not and will not buy from this guy. I am considering buying those Pimsleur CDs from Barnes & Noble though.

Thanks guys!

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
Hi and good morning. You can also get the tapes and CD's at your local public library. Just ask the librarian for them. Also if you want to increase your retention of the language play the tapes or CD'S while you sleep. Trust me on that I speak 7 different languages. (((Super military brat))) :eek:hnooohlol:

Also if you chew gum or eat while learning or reading you will rember more. I know it sounds weird but it worked for me all through school and collage.
Good luck on your adoption and the language I know booth will be difficult.
I wish you all the best. :D
Catch ya on the flipside...................................... :warp:

TGirl

Registered Member
Nightsurfer said:
Hi and good morning. You can also get the tapes and CD's at your local public library. Just ask the librarian for them. Also if you want to increase your retention of the language play the tapes or CD'S while you sleep. Trust me on that I speak 7 different languages. (((Super military brat))) :eek:hnooohlol:

Also if you chew gum or eat while learning or reading you will rember more. I know it sounds weird but it worked for me all through school and collage.
Good luck on your adoption and the language I know booth will be difficult.
I wish you all the best. :D
Catch ya on the flipside...................................... :warp:

wow 7???????? I am impressed truly.......<chews gum> nope still can't speak spanish...lol

MJonesMBA2001 I would not buy from them...they probably spammed the auction you were bidding on and got your info........I would be real leary!!!