What would you do about this? (help needed)

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by MJonesMBA2001, May 31, 2005.

1. MJonesMBA2001

MJonesMBA2001 Registered Member

OK, my wife and I are adopting a baby from China. I am trying to learn some Chinese (language) through a type of CD called the Pimsleur method. I bid on some introductory CDs, and have been outbid. I got this email (from someone other than the seller):

I'm pretty sure this guy has basically ripped or burned the CDs from a legit copy, but, is this something I could get in trouble for buying? What would you do?

2. kromsales

kromsales Registered Member

Report him to ebay what he is doing is illegal.

3. MJonesMBA2001

MJonesMBA2001 Registered Member

I pretty much thought what he was doing wasn't on the up and up. My conscience was screaming - DO NOT DO ANYTHING WITH THIS PERSON!! Thanks for validating that for me. I did not and will not buy from this guy. I am considering buying those Pimsleur CDs from Barnes & Noble though.

Thanks guys!

4. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

Hi and good morning. You can also get the tapes and CD's at your local public library. Just ask the librarian for them. Also if you want to increase your retention of the language play the tapes or CD'S while you sleep. Trust me on that I speak 7 different languages. (((Super military brat))) :eek:hnooohlol:

Also if you chew gum or eat while learning or reading you will rember more. I know it sounds weird but it worked for me all through school and collage.
    Good luck on your adoption and the language I know booth will be difficult.
    I wish you all the best. :D
    Catch ya on the flipside...................................... :warp:

5. TGirl

TGirl Registered Member

wow 7???????? I am impressed truly.......<chews gum> nope still can't speak spanish...lol

MJonesMBA2001 I would not buy from them...they probably spammed the auction you were bidding on and got your info........I would be real leary!!!