What would you be buried with?

Let's assume you're being buried, and in the casket you're only allowed one memento, one special item from this life to keep next to you for eternity.
It doesn't matter if you plan on being cremated, or if you believe in an after life. Let's just stick to the threads topic.

Oh, and since a photo of someone special would probably be almost everyone's answer, let's exclude that one.

Since I'm not one to hold onto things, this is difficult to answer. I'm going to think on it a bit and come back with something.

storm_ina_C_cup

Registered Member
Just a quick question Angels before I submit my answer...

Do wedding rings count?. . .I would just assume they wouldn't because they're pretty much a part of you and would still be on your finger / part of your "attire" when you were buried.
...If they do count as being one memento, I've got to go back to the drawing board, lol.

Last edited:

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
There's not really a memento that I trully care about as of right now so to be honest there wouldn't be one thing I'd get buried with me when I finally pass away. I know this doesn't really answer your question but I dont really get attached to anything so I know there wouldn't be one thing I'd get buried with.

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
I think I'd leave it up to my loved ones. Whatever I'm buried with wont provide me with any comfort but perhaps the idea that one of them gave me something to say goodbye would comfort them instead.

Realistically I would chose nothing, but hypothetically and for this thread; probably my oldest teddy bear or something like that. I like the irony of it, haha.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.

Do wedding rings count?. . .I would just assume they wouldn't because they're pretty much a part of you and would still be on your finger / part of your "attire" when you were buried.
...If they do count as being one memento, I've got to go back to the drawing board, lol.
I obviously cant tell you what to do with your wedding band, but wouldn't that be something you pass on to your children when you unfortunately pass away? I know that's what people have been doing in my family, and something in my friends family.

Since it becomes part of you once you say your vows, let's assume it wouldn't count.

I can only think of one thing that really, really meant anything to me. When I was little I had a stuffed rabbit named Kim that I kept with me constantly. My mom threw her away when she became overly worn, and I still miss her.:(

Since I can't have Kim, I guess I'll go with one of my favorite paint brushes. Sometimes just holding one without even using it comforts me.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I can't really think of anything particular, but it would probably be sports related, maybe a baseball glove, a baseball or even a basketball since that is my true passion right now.

But probably in five years that would change.

storm_ina_C_cup

Registered Member
I obviously cant tell you what to do with your wedding band, but wouldn't that be something you pass on to your children with you unfortunately pass away? I know that's what people have been doing in my family, and something in my friends family.
I'd want my daughter to have my engagement ring, no doubt, but I'd want to be buried with my wedding band on. <3

I just found out a couple months ago that my grandmother is leaving her wedding band & engagement ring to me when she passes away.
...I can't believe she's 80 already.:-/

Stegosaurus

Registered Member
I’d take a lock of my wife’s hair (my fiancée at the moment). I would want everything to be biodegradable—even the casket. Directly behind the fence of my backyard is a graveyard, and growing up I watched people get buried every few months and became disenchanted with the idea of a permanent place of burial. I have thought about this for a while. I figure that wherever I am buried and whatever I am buried in/with should be returned to the earth, 100%. That is why I would take a lock of hair.