• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

what would happen if humans had no shame.

andinster

No feeling of regret,just do 100% whatever without a thought; no self consciousness at all.

don't say you don't, i mean at all.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
A few things would happen. One thing could be world peace, and the other would be world chaos. I guess a combination of both could happen as well.

World peace could happen because no one would feel self concious about doing the right thing. People would be nice to each other without feeling like others will look bad at them for being nice to the wrong types of people.

Chaos could also ensue. Everyone doing whatever it takes to survive without worrying about the welfare and outcome of anybody or anything. Humans can be nasty enough as it is WITH shame in the equation, so it's not hard to extrapolate the chaos.

Lastly, there could also be a mixture of both. There are those that only refrain from hurting people because they'd feel guilty, and those that refrain from being nice because they wanna still look cool. Without the shame barrier, imagine what these people would do.

2010Dolby

Registered Member
A few things would happen. One thing could be world peace, and the other would be world chaos. I guess a combination of both could happen as well.

World peace could happen because no one would feel self concious about doing the right thing. People would be nice to each other without feeling like others will look bad at them for being nice to the wrong types of people.

Chaos could also ensue. Everyone doing whatever it takes to survive without worrying about the welfare and outcome of anybody or anything. Humans can be nasty enough as it is WITH shame in the equation, so it's not hard to extrapolate the chaos.

Lastly, there could also be a mixture of both. There are those that only refrain from hurting people because they'd feel guilty, and those that refrain from being nice because they wanna still look cool. Without the shame barrier, imagine what these people would do.
I think itd be all chaos and violence without any hope of peace. Shame is what gives us humans our inhibitions. And without inhibitions, what would stop us from becoming completely senseless, violence-craving animals? Or at least thats my point of view on the subject.

Dekzper

Registered Member
An awesome new movie! :D And I could watch it too since nobody would put a rating on it! I just hope somebody decides to film it... :stare:

Anyway, I would have more sex, raid all the restaurants and bakeries, and live in a tree. Zero school, zero homework, zero getting dressed up, zero chores, just fun!

But it prolly wouldn't last very long cause everybody would be killing each other and stealing everything... Omg! :-o I hope nobody decides to push buttons and send up nuclear warheads!
Yeah, I think it would be total chaos...

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I wish to take this on a different tangent for a moment but also still related. There was a film called "The Invention of Lying" staring Ricky Gervais, the idea was that no-one in the film could lie because the concept of lying did not exist, now to me this was very flawed as to me it was simply being nasty to one another or just saying things for the sake of saying them, that is not lying that is different and I got into a massive row with someone online about this. One scene that bugged me the most (I will go back to the topic in hand in a moment) is where Gervais goes to see I believe (its been a long time since I have seen it) the Tina Fey character, the first thing she says when he arrives at her does is "sorry I am late I was masturbating", ha, a women said the M word in a film, the crowds laugh, ricky gives a comic look, we all win! Except we don't and this is my problem, he did not know she was doing anything, so why would she tell him? That is not concealing a lie, that is simply being more truthful and blunt than you have to be. If I stole Bliss's drink in that universe I would not deny it if someone asked me because hey, I don't care, but again if I openly admit it without the question being asked this is again not lying but being more honest than required, sorry for the rant but that film really annoyed me trying to be so clever...

Now I know, I have gone off on a tangent here but I believe the same laws apply, if humans did not know shame existed I am not sure how much would change, just because people don't have any shame does not directly mean they will run out and start stripping down, shouting abusively, drinking until they are passed out on the floor, I just don't see anything being all that different.

2010Dolby

Registered Member
Anyway, I would have more sex, raid all the restaurants and bakeries, and live in a tree. Zero school, zero homework, zero getting dressed up, zero chores, just fun!
Huh, I didnt consider crime. I was thinking along the lines of general violence and military conflict. Obviously crime would go up but what about law enforcement? Corrupt police? Lazy police? No police? Too many possilities... I may need a few beers, man haha

MainerMikeBrown

Registered Member
If everyone had no sympathy or empathy for others, the world would have far less people living in it that the billions and billions of people that actually are here on Earth.