What workout makes you the most sore?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Mirage, Jul 5, 2009.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

What workout makes you the most sore the next day?

For me lately it's been sprinting. You wouldn't think this would be something that would make you sore but if you sprint pretty hard you'll feel it in your abs and thighs the next morning pretty fierce.

Running hard in general usually makes me sore the next day.

2. English-Emo-Boy

English-Emo-Boy Supreme System Lord V.I.P. Lifetime

Probably sit ups.

The following morning the bottom of my back and stomach ache like mad.

Also when I play sport without doing my pre-workout stretches it leaves me crippled for a few days. Particularly the trouble occurs in my upper legs, it just goes to show how important it is to stretch before working out and playing sport.

3. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

not so much as one specific activity but everytime I'm done with my chisel class I just want to melt to the floor and not move for the rest of the day and then when I wake up the next morning I'm sore.

4. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Any ab workout I do. I've started going to the gym again lately, and the only thing that is really sore every time is my abs.

5. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I'd say the same as eeby, sit ups. I don't actually do them anymore but I remember the feeling the next day. I never get the soreness anymore when I've been at the gym but I guess that's cause I only really do cardio machines. Stretching stuff definately makes me ache more.

6. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I timed a 5k yesterday and woke up feeling it today so that's good. I might try a 10k later this week.

7. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

Well, the only exercising I've been doing lately is MMA...and that's because it kicks my ass so hard that I can't add any other workouts yet. As soon as my body gets acclimated to it and I'm not getting quite as sore, I'm planning on adding some cardio.

8. Cait

Cait Oh, poppycock.

Anything that stretches out my back since I have back issues so I would say something like yoga. (I consider that a workout). It helps though because I'm helping myself get stronger.

9. DLFerguson

DLFerguson Registered Member

I'm getting back into doing pushups at least three times a week and I had no idea how truly out of shape I've let myself get. I'm hoping the soreness goes away after i get into a regular routine.

10. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

Uh:shifteyes: wrestling...

:lol; seriously though wrestling makes me more sore than anything on my entire body not just one part. You're constantly lifting people of your same bodyweight and fighting them to get off of your back, it's a very explosive sport.

Sprinting alone is pretty fierce though.

The lift that makes me the most sore is probably deadlift though squatting hurts just as bad when you're doing a lot of weight properly.

So overall I'd say that sprinting makes me the most sore I'm just going to assume that we're talking about one specific workout.