• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

What Was Your First Video Game?

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
My first console was the Atari 2600, and I don't remember what game I played on it first, but my favourites to play was the game called Warlord, and another called Bowling. Such simplistic games, but so much fun.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
...in those days it took twenty minutes to load a game, but if you told kids that now the wouldn't believe you :lol:
Including the time it took reloading because the cassette deck didn't read the tape properly.

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
First game: tennis

First system: Atari

It's all true :lol:

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
It was Super Mario Brothers I for the original Nintendo.

I remember we got the console for Christmas and that game came with it.
Mine was the original Nintendo also but I also bought Tecmo Bowl which I played before Super Mario Brothers which came with the console.
------
First game: tennis

First system: Atari

It's all true :lol:
Holy crap, I cannot BELIEVE I forgot my Atari. My answer is then the Atari and the first game was Asteroids.

Last edited:

dDave

V.I.P.
I can't remember any of the titles but the first games I would have played were on my ZX Spectrum, fun times, in those days it took twenty minutes to load a game, but if you told kids that now the wouldn't believe you :lol:

My first proper console game would have been I think a side scrolling Robocop game for the original Game Boy (I miss that), it wasn't anything complex but I remember being addicted, that and Paperboy...
Twenty minutes? I hardly believe you! :lol:

Looking at the pictures it appeared to be some sort of a computer, I had no idea that games were ever on tapes, that's kinda cool. Obviously it's no contest that cartridges were much better though. :lol:

I always kidna wished that I had an original Nintendo but I'm not sure whether or not I'll get one, they're ridiculously expensive and there aren't all that many games that are good for it. I have all of the games that I would buy already for Virtual Console, I also have the Super Mario All Stars cartridge for the SNES.

the NES does seem like a very popular first video game among GFers though.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
Twenty minutes? I hardly believe you! :lol:
He's exaggerating, but the load times were long. It'd usually take 5 - 10 minutes to load up a tape. But, as I alluded to in my previous post, sometimes the tape deck wouldn't read the data on the tape properly, resulting in another 5 - 10 minutes of trying to get the bloody thing to load.

Thankfully, in my case, the Commodore 64 had a 5¼-inch floppy add-on, and a slot to plug in cartridges.

Last edited:

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
My first console was a SEGA and along with it was my first game as well that I only recently remembered the name of by watching a trailer of the movie just tonight :p

The game was Dick Tracy.

Neidjah

Registered Member
Uh, this questions always revoke so many memories, I remember hiding from my friends just to play super mario,aladin or panzers on my old teminator.
Terminator - > http://vukajlija.com/var/uploads/illustrations/200910/138268/terminator.jpg
It is similar to Sega.

My first game was Tiny Tony, I am trying to google it right now to show you what it is about, but unhelpful .
All I remember is that I can choose between a rabbit,duck ( warner bros characters ), I don't know what is the main story because I have never finished it. To hard for me back then.