• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Games What was your first video game?

dDave

V.I.P.
Pretty basic question.

What was your first video game?

I was born into a family that had a Sega Genesis so my first video game was Sonic The Hedgehog (that's the game everyone had, right?)

If you count the first video game that I myself purchased I'm not positive but I think it would be Super Mario 64 DS. I bought it alongside the handheld and I still have both. Other potentials would be DK64 (I really wanted to get my own copy since I came from a large family and there were only 3 save files), Zelda Four Swords, and Mario Party 6. Just can't 100% remember which of these games I bought first.

What about you guys? What was your first game? First one you played? First one you bought?

Konshentz

Konshentz
It's either Ice Hockey or Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! for the NES. I remember going over to my uncle's house to play them. He was huge into Nintendo and my first console ended up being the Genesis a few years later.

First game I purchased myself? Road Rash II. Man, I loved that game. I wish they'd make another game in that series. But who knows, maybe today's technology would ruin the charm of the originals.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
The first video game I ever remember playing was Mario Brox on the NES. My mother got us a NES when we were young and we also had the olypmics game with the running pad and Mario Bros. 3. Great games.

dDave

V.I.P.
The first video game I ever remember playing was Mario Brox on the NES. My mother got us a NES when we were young and we also had the olypmics game with the running pad and Mario Bros. 3. Great games.
I imagine quite a few people could say Super Mario Bros was their first game. Or do you mean Mario Bros, the battle style arcade game?

What is the running pad? I'm a little too young to be super familiar with NES accessories I guess.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.

Nintendo always had the best accessories.

And I was referring to Super Mario Bros. on NES.

dDave

V.I.P.

Nintendo always had the best accessories.

And I was referring to Super Mario Bros. on NES.
what the heck? That thing looks so weird. Nintendo still makes interesting accessories to this day. They’re really the only ones out of the big three that are willing to explore that space.

Also, The Mario Bros arcade game was available for NES. You should check it out, it was loads of fun. One of my favorites alongside Balloon Fight.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
My first one was definitely super Mario bros. Played the hell out of it. I believe my second game was duck hunt.

dDave

V.I.P.
My first one was definitely super Mario bros. Played the hell out of it. I believe my second game was duck hunt.
Duck Hunt is the most amazingly simple yet fun game. I still have an NES and play it from time to time. Too bad it needs a CRT to work at all. I would love to try it on my 65"!

Tecmo Bowl was my first game. I think my second was Blades of Steel.
Never played either. What are they?