• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Games What was your first video game ?

fra200

Registered Member
My first video game was Formula 1 2004 for Ps2 that it was made very well and it was much fun both for the graphics and for the gameplay .

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
My first video game was either Half life or Portal, can't remember because I really don't care much for playing them. If I play for too long I get nauseous.

dDave

V.I.P.
My very first game was Sonic The Hedgehog in combination with Sonic 2 and Dr. Robotniks Mean Bean Machine (a sonic themed Puyo Puyo).

All three came on the same cartridge for Sega Genesis and I still have it to this day. Excellent games that I simply love.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Super Mario Brothers 1

We got a Nintendo and that game came with it...obviously with Duck Hunt as well.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
It was either The Hobbit or The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess on Game Cube. They were both really epic but I never beat them. There were too many spiders in the last Hobbit maze and I couldnt hookshot the dragon in City in the Sky. But they were still fun.

Pinecampple

Registered Member
I always have a hard time pinpointing my first game, really. But I think it would have to be either Sonic the Hedgehog or Jurassic Park for the Sega Genesis. I remember playing both until I had indents in my fingers. In fact I still own them both today and still get those same indents.
But I gotta say though. I'm awful at Jurassic Park.

dDave

V.I.P.
I always have a hard time pinpointing my first game, really. But I think it would have to be either Sonic the Hedgehog or Jurassic Park for the Sega Genesis. I remember playing both until I had indents in my fingers. In fact I still own them both today and still get those same indents.
But I gotta say though. I'm awful at Jurassic Park.
Do you know when you got your Genesis? Maybe for Christmas as a kid? Your parents may have pictures. Otherwise you can check the release dates of the games and compare it to when you got your Genesis.

Kudos for Sonic though. My first game as well. Still love that game to death. Lots of fun, fast, great music.

Pinecampple

Registered Member
Do you know when you got your Genesis? Maybe for Christmas as a kid? Your parents may have pictures. Otherwise you can check the release dates of the games and compare it to when you got your Genesis.

Kudos for Sonic though. My first game as well. Still love that game to death. Lots of fun, fast, great music.
I no, no it was never really mine it was always the families Sega. And I think that we had that thing about a year or two after it originally came out.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I believe it was Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! and somewhere around 1990. Almost 30 years old and still the greatest boxing game ever made.

dDave

V.I.P.
I believe it was Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! and somewhere around 1990. Almost 30 years old and still the greatest boxing game ever made.
Then again, how many other successful boxing games are out there?

Punch out is something I never really got into. I have both the NES and the SNES, I'm not likely to look into buying them (they're pretty expensive) though I'd love to play them sometime.