• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Games What was your first video game?

dDave

V.I.P.
Time for everyone to get nostalgic! I had this thread going two years ago on this and it was pretty fun.

What was your first video game?

My first console was a Sega Genesis with the Sonic Collection. The Sonic Collection cartridge came with Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic 2, and Bean Machine. This was a great console with this one great set of games that will always be special to me. I know this is my first game and console because it's the first of two cartridges we ever had for a console my family already had when I was born.

I still have all of this sitting in storage and it gets used on occasion. :)

Last edited:

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Oh man, I have no idea. My first console was this bad boy. I still have it in a box back at my Mums house.

I had Pokemon Red and several other games for it.

I played some games before that, but they were too early for me to remember.

dDave

V.I.P.
I have a Gameboy Color (atomic purple) with Pokemon Red as well! Of course I didn't get all of that until several years ago. I also have Pokemon Blue. I had Yellow but I sold it for $30 since I didn't play it anyway. I figured if I wanted to play Pokemon then I still had the other two.

So, you remember playing games before that but you have no recollection of what they actually were?

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Yeah. Before that I played some really old crappy PC games, and I also had this little hand-held toy thing, that was sort of like a gameboy but a cheap version that only had one game programmed into it. I was so obsessed with that little thing. Because of that my Mum bought me the gameboy. I think it was a birthday or christmas present.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
My first console was a Sega and the first game I got for it was Dick Tracy, man I fucking overplayed that game!

bhuwanbbb

mine is Mario:D:shake::D:confused::zz::rant:

I like the game and i used to play it when i was a kid

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I am pretty sure the first game I ever played on my own console was either Paper Boy or Super Mario Land 2.

I was obsessed with SML2 and played it so much, I can't remember if I completed it but I assume I did. There may have been earlier games but I will be damned if I can remember what they were, probably something on my spectrum.

Sigurd

Internet Dig Dug
My first game was Super Mario World back on the Super Nintendo. I got the game when I was rather young and played it constantly growing up.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
Pong. no joke. I actually played this shit, and it was amazing to us at the time.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
The first console my family had was the Nintendo and it came with Super Mario Brothers and Duck Hunt.

So the first Mario Brothers was definitely the first for me.