• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Question What was your best page turning book you've ever read?

whiteraven

Registered Member
Over the years, I'd been searching for good books to read that would hold me to the book and not be able to put them down. I've read a few good ones but nothing compared to, Balefire by Cate Tiernan. Its four books in one and I couldn't put the dang book down for the life of me.

So, what was yours?

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
Any of the Discworld books by Terry Pratchett, and most recently, John Dies At The End by David Wong.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
One of them was from The Hollows series. I can't remember exactly which book it was. I've also loved the Sookie Stackhouse series and avidly read those without putting them down. I read the last one so quickly that it only took me a few hours to read it.

The Harry Potter series kept me awake at night. I couldn't hardly sleep without reading more and more.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Any of the John Grisham novels I have read over the years keeps me turning the pages. I just love all of them, and I find myself sinking a lot of time into the books.

Iris

rainbow 11!
One of them was from The Hollows series. I can't remember exactly which book it was. I've also loved the Sookie Stackhouse series and avidly read those without putting them down. I read the last one so quickly that it only took me a few hours to read it.

The Harry Potter series kept me awake at night. I couldn't hardly sleep without reading more and more.
definitely the harry potter series!

but like pam said, a book from The Hollows Series. though if I was being truthful, all of them kept me going.

if I had to choose one, it would be the third book, The Good, the Bad, The Undead!

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I'd have to say American Creation by Joseph Ellis or John Adams by David McCullough, I found both of them to be very well written and I enjoyed reading both.

Konshentz

Konshentz
The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon by Stephen King. It's not a very long novel but I remember reading it in one sitting. It was definitely a page-turner and still to this day is one of my favorite books from him.

Impact

V.I.P.
Like Pam and Kay mentioned, the Harry Potter books. I remember when I was younger going to get the book on release day and reading it nonstop to the end. I wish there were books that made me do that now.

I recently read the hunger games and found the first book from that series really hard to put down. Also, the first few books from A Song of Ice and Fire, and all of Raymond Feist's books.

Wade8813

Registered Member
I really couldn't pick just one - or even 20. I've always been a huge reader, and there are hundreds of times where I stayed up until 3 or 4 in the morning to finish them.

Bliss

Sally Twit
All of the Stephen King books I've read have a way of making me get lost in them. I will forget where I am, what I was doing and what time it is when I read his books. He is brilliant.