• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

What was the real relation between Science and the Church?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laine

Registered Member
I think Salt is a proof of God, because its a " Natural Mineral", formed in the earth millions of years ago. Just more stunning proof that the earth was " Designed to suit man", a mind designed it to be FOR man, even to the detail of providing salt for us to preserve things and food, and even flavor the food! Obvious intellect behind even Salt.

And I totally disagree with your opinion that " I am talking to nobody", prove that by showing me any thread I started that nobody read. Most threads I start always get read by many many people who are interested; and the proof of that is on any site I listed. Including this site.
------

I can also refer you to the thread, " Can Science reveal God", at Spiritualforums.com, and I get into differing proofs of God in that one.

Because science has a truck load of proofs for God being real.
I have studied this and looked to your link, but I do not feel I have seen absolute proof of the God as you know it. Please understand I have no problem with your belief, but for me, personally I can relate better to a God like portrayed in the Mormon religion, though this is not exactly the same as what I believe either, but closer than a Christian God.

You see, Christians are taught to teach Christianity and pass it along to their children and even friends. I on the other hand had none of this, only disbelief taught to me. So I tried it when things seemed at their lowest for me, I went to a Christian church, but I could not find "faith" in everything I was hearing, some yes, but not all. So I knew I did not belong. Later I would read of other religions and take pieces of each I could comprehend or have faith in and this is why I believe religion to be a personal experience. I am happy in what I believe, though it is not all sorted out yet, but there is a path I have chosen and I feel it is a good one.

But I also would ask, of the Christian God and Mormon God, how do you choose? If one is right then one is wrong, but both are legitimate religions and both have so many that follow their beliefs. Do you choose the Christian God because it is all you know? or do you just think all the Mormons are wrong?

Mickiel

Registered Member
I have studied this and looked to your link, but I do not feel I have seen absolute proof of the God as you know it. Please understand I have no problem with your belief, but for me, personally I can relate better to a God like portrayed in the Mormon religion, though this is not exactly the same as what I believe either, but closer than a Christian God.

You see, Christians are taught to teach Christianity and pass it along to their children and even friends. I on the other hand had none of this, only disbelief taught to me. So I tried it when things seemed at their lowest for me, I went to a Christian church, but I could not find "faith" in everything I was hearing, some yes, but not all. So I knew I did not belong. Later I would read of other religions and take pieces of each I could comprehend or have faith in and this is why I believe religion to be a personal experience. I am happy in what I believe, though it is not all sorted out yet, but there is a path I have chosen and I feel it is a good one.

But I also would ask, of the Christian God and Mormon God, how do you choose? If one is right then one is wrong, but both are legitimate religions and both have so many that follow their beliefs. Do you choose the Christian God because it is all you know? or do you just think all the Mormons are wrong?
Well I personally don't think a human should choose; let the God choose you, is my belief. I do not agree with Mormons or Christianity, or any religion for that matter, I walk alone in my belief. And I believe there is only one true God, and when he is ready, he chooses the human, they don't choose him. And I believe that he will one day choose everyone, and that is all of our destiny. So it does not matter who humans choose or what beliefs we have, I think it will all come down to the real God choosing us when he decides he is ready.

Mickiel

Registered Member
I think one day God will choose people from all walks of life to reveal him; from science, Atheism, believers and unbelievers; Men, Women and children.

The ones he chooses from Science, are going to be some deep individuals when they have the spirit of God combined with their minds.

Status
Not open for further replies.