What was the last GREAT anime you saw?

Discussion in 'Anime' started by Vegito728, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Vegito728

Vegito728 Registered Member

What was the last "great" anime you saw and why was it great? I'll post my thoughts once we get some replies.

2. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

Probably Fullmetal Alchemist which I finished about a month or so ago.

Fullmetal Alchemist had a great story and characters that seemed very realistic. I never became too attached to any of the characters of the show. but I thought that their personalities, characteristics, and the actions they took with the situations they were put in seemed incredibley realistic. The way they behaved would be similar to how actual humans would behave IMO.

Although it took awhile for the story to get good and the ending was midly disappointing this was a great series. Probably one of the best series I have seen that went over 50 episodes.

Prior to that anime? Probably about 8 months ago when I was watching School Rumble.

Although I will admit I do enjoy Spice and Wolf but I wouldnt call it a "great anime" it is definetely a good one.

3. Vegito728

Vegito728 Registered Member

The last great anime I saw was Full Metal Panic which I saw like a month ago as well.

Full Metal Panic is great in my mind because it has a little bit of everything, romance, comedy, action and likable characters. There’s always something going on, there’s never a dull moment. My only complaint was that their were too many fillers and some of them were just ridiculous. But it’s still a great anime imo. Oh, and there's mech fights.

4. Phoenixfire5

Phoenixfire5 Registered Member

Dennou Coil!

It's hilarious and interesting, my siblings love it and it's very memorable. I love it.

5. patkick

patkick #21

I don't really know what y'all consider great but anime that left me a great feeling about it were: Maison Ikkoku and Great Teacher Onizuka. I really missed the characters, humor, emotions in those anime.

6. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

Animes that blew your mind. They werent just good but great in your opinion.

7. Henskie

Henskie The Super Pimp of GF

hmm I guess I only know a couple animes that were awesome in general which are:
    FMA and NGE
    Full Metal Alchemist because I feel that though it was a unrealistic plot the characters where very much realistic and I loved how they weaved real history into the plot of the anime in the end and in the movie which really was cool

Neon Genesis Evangelion because it was a really artistic anime that I feel was so layered it required a lot of viewing to get it all and even after watching it a bunch of times a lot is still up for discussion and it was one of the few animes that I watched that I feel large elements of the plot are up for discussion ex: the end of the movie/anime brought closure but what happened afterwards was really open ended

Granted there are other animes I really liked: DBZ Black Cat etc but I feel these two really bring a lot to the table

8. patkick

patkick #21

Yeah so I stand by the 2 anime that I mentioned in my first post. I forgot to mention that I read the whole manga of GTO after the anime. The manga was even better imo.

9. Hanzo_Hattori

Hanzo_Hattori For the Horde!

The Hellsing OVA'S were GREAT!

Swiftstrike likes this.
  10. garret

garret SEMPER PI Bitch! Always P

in my opinion it was Bleach. Bleach has a great storyline and even better characters with awesome weapons. It's just great.