What was the best thing you ever sold?

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by Mina, May 7, 2005.

1. Mina

Mina Registered Member

I was just wondering what was your best auction...

Mine I would have to say was a book I picked up for 10 cents that turned out to be a first edition, first printing in AWSOME condition.

Turned around and sold it for $155 on ebay!!

2. wolvergambit

wolvergambit Registered Member

Mine was a beer stein I bought at a garage sale for $2.00 and sold it for $800

3. Marys454BB

Marys454BB Premium Member

besides my fathers ghost I'd say it was an old horse saddle that I was going to throw away. Huge fight for it at the end, Went for 100 bucks!
    Little did I know it was a saddle from the 70's and worth more but since my husband found it & we paid nothing for it I thought it was a good deal :)

4. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

What's the best thing I have ever sold? Well, if I say anything besides forehead ad space I will get in trouble, so my forehead. :D

Best part is I can sell it again anytime I want LOL! (No price guarantee though lol)

5. TGirl

TGirl Registered Member

You can??? I didn't get to see your auction...your not tattooed?

I didn't see you on the GP list of things they bought!
    I wanted to see!!!
    ~Trina~

6. wolvergambit

wolvergambit Registered Member

I don't think any amount would be enough to have a permanant tattoo on your forehead. How terrible would that be!!!!!!!!

7. Marys454BB

Marys454BB Premium Member

Hmm, Where are you on the GP site Andrew? I know you were there but I can't find you now either.. So many now maybe I missed it?
    My dad's still there. I really wish they wouldn't have used that video of us on GMA though! lol

8. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

For some reason I'm not on their site, but I am on a video under the Tony Danza bread item on their site. (And no it wasn't permanent... GOOD LORD no... I'm surprised how many people think it was permanent.. Wow. I would never do permanent)

9. precision

precision Registered Member

Had to have been a rubber military training M-16 rifle, (those who have been in the armed forces know what it is) that they use in basic training. I paid $5 at a garage sale, and sold it for $350. You just gotta love ebay!

10. TGirl

TGirl Registered Member

Wow..ok I seen a guy on their sight that did (tattoo)....pincusion guy or something...scared me to death...hahahaha And I thought that is why you have a pic like you do....so you didn't advertise on your site for them...hahahaha how long did you have it?? or do you still????

I think the best thing that I ever sold was the Mystery Clifford and Winnie the Pooh stuffed toys...that was so much fun and together they were $693.75.....but the one I have now will beat that compared than those two each!

I have sold other stuff, but they were the best!!!
    ~Trina~