• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

What was the 2nd worst game of all Time

compudoc

Registered Member
As bad as ET's rap is.. when it came out I was very young and played it daily. I had tons of other carts to play but actually liked ET **don't stone me!!**

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
Lexano said:
I would have to agree on E.T. that game did completly horrible. The gameplay was horrid you walk arround an try to put together somekinda communicator? i played for a few mins a quit.
E.T. actually wasn't all that bad. I had it for Atari (that's the game we're talking about right) and I remember playing it all the time. Funny thing is I didn't even know what the whole point of the game one. I just sorta played it by ear and tried to see what would happen. I remember something about collecting flowers in some big huge pit or crater of some type, and then trying in vain to get up out of it by stretching ET's neck out. I remember every time you stretched his neck and pulled him up, he'd let out this noise that sounded like he was farting. I used to think that was funny, and I sometimes did it just to make him fart. hmmm... maybe that's why I never made it out of the pit...... :-/

ltk9492

Registered Member
dude im telling you all. bad boys miami takedown. it is horrible!!!!
minesweeper was fun!

Gamechamp

Registered Member
I can't remember any names, but I've played plenty of bad games. By the way, the E.T. copies aren't in a landfill anymore. They decided it wasn't enough and bulldozed 'em. Or something like that.

dk_rare

Registered Member
Anyone mentioned Doom 3 yet?

Wrecked

Registered Member
IMO there's worse games out there than Doom 3.

i didn't like Doom, i thought it was hyped up crap. the best thing about that game, besides the graphics, was the scare factor. but other than that it's repetitive crap.

walk around, get scared, shoot stuff, find key, goto new room. not much skill involved as long as you could find health.

dk_rare

Registered Member
Yeah, it was just like the original Dooms, sadly. Good for a nostalgia trip, bad for everything else. The saddest thing about Doom 3? Many mindless games will be made for years to come, just because it sold well. Heck, some of them will even use the Doom 3 engine! At least Half-Life 2 genuinely impressed people and entertained them and Halo 2 was fun (even if it was really just Halo 1.5, or Halo 3: Prologue).

yooperchick

Registered Member
IMO - out of the games I've played, I would have to say RC Helicopter for the PS1. I thought it would be a cool game. It sounded cool - taking a helicopter out and flying around. But the game was so darn hard! I know you have to try at a game to get better, but I just couldn't get better at it. I always keep knocking into everything or just crashing. And trying to land on the landing pads during the training? If I did it, I managed by pure luck.

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
I thought of some others.

Mario Paint - SNES (comeon... it was a good concept but had no point really. it was more like an interactive program that was simulating computer mouse technology more than it was a game)

Ken Griffey Jr. Presents Major League Baseball - SNES (It had no pitching. You could hit the ball from just about anywhere after it was thrown, making all the offense in the game basically random. Only the absolute BEST pitchers in the game had any real movement on the ball and ability to make their pitches do something. Also, all the real players were put in the game and reflected their real abilities at the time, but they all had FAKE NAMES, meaning you had to know the team or guess and edit them all in there yourself. Probably a stupid copyright problem.)