Movies What Type of Movie Fan Are You?

Which Type Of Movie Fan Are You?

• Total voters

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
Movies are quite a universal pass time, most people enjoy watching them but exactly what level of movie fan are you? I've narrowed it down to five catagories;

Movie Whore:
You'll watch anything, regardless of how much it appeals to you. You make regular visits to the cinema and own lots of dvds and videos that you watch over and over again.

Movie Elitist:
Your selective about what you watch but things you are interested in can be watched more than once if they really appeal to you. You go to the cinema as often as something catches your interest, this can be a lot or a little depending on whats out but more than once in a sinle week is not out of the question for you. You will buy your favourites on DVD and get a lot of re-watch value out of owning them.

Movie Acquaintance: You appreciate a good film but it's not your favourite pass time. You'll occasionally go to the cinema if something really interests you but you struggle to watch films more than once. DVD's that you own are mainly gifts off other people and you rarely watch them.

Movie Hermit:
You enjoy films but dislike going to the cinema for whatever reason. You own lots of DVD's and enjoy watching them in the comfort of your own home.

Movie Scrooge:
You find movies to be boring or a waste of your time.

Which most applies to you? I think I fall into the "Movie Elitist" catagory. I love going to the cinema but I can't stand watching just anything. Films that I love I can watch over and over again though and I have loads of DVD's.

Last edited:
I'm closest to the Movie Hermit. I rather get a DVD because the cinema here is always filled with loud people. I like watching my movie in peace and quiet. Err... I'll only go on a rare occasion when it's a movie I really want to see. Other than that, I'll wait for DVD.

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
Yes it's a boar found only in South Africa that just can't get enough movies :)
Damn my inability to edit poll options, I could've just changed it and denied all knowledge, then you would have looked crazy :lol:
So yeah for future posters it should say whore although I quite like the idea of a movie loving boar.

Hiei

The Hierophant
Movie Elitist. At one point, I was collecting my movie stubs. And I had about 30 of them in about a years time. And without cable, I would watch the same movies over and over until I could basically quote them.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Movie Elitist: Your selective about what you watch but things you are interested in can be watched more than once if they really appeal to you. You go to the cinema as often as something catches your interest, this can be a lot or a little depending on whats out but more than once in a sinle week is not out of the question for you. You will buy your favourites on DVD and get a lot of re-watch value out of owning them.

Although I don't go to the movies like before, I own hundreds of DVDs and I still buy them (new releases) and watch the ones I really like again and again. I also used to watch 3 movies a day (my night routine until lately when surfing GF has taken a bit of that time, and my DVDs to watch are piling).

Vegito728

Registered Member
I'd say I'm a movie elitist but on the verge of a movie whore. I watch a lot of movies no matter how good or bad they look. I'll watch any genre of movie as well. The only thing is I don't own a lot of DVDs otherwise I'd vote movie whore.

Last edited: