• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

What type of cell phone do you use?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
With all the choices out there, it's rare to find two people with the same cell phone nowadays. I am using a standard cell phone (non flip). It has a small screen and can go on the internet, but it hardly is good for viewing anything since everything is so small.

The trade off though is that it has a very long battery life, which is nice.

I'm thinking about getting a new one soon, maybe a BlueTooth? Looking to hear some opinions on different phones.

:)

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
I just traded in one of my older cell phones, my 16 year old called it "the brick" because it wasn't a flip.:rolleyes: So now both of mine are flip phones, and I have to say, trying to dig them out of my purse when one is ringing is a real pain in the behind, mainly because I always grab the wrong one!!

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
Me?
I don't use one...:-o
I hate the things.:mad: :D
I don't need to be a slave to the little box....

Besides when i'm out, i'm out...Leave me alone......:lol:

Bunny_roses

what? no pink?
I never used a cell phone either until my daughter started kindergarten : )

Now I have one, but only in case the school needs to get a hold of me when I am not there LOL

but its just the basic little box phone no flip : )

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
Night...no cell????:-o I had no idea Captain Caveman!! I would be lost without mine.
Actually there are times I wish I didn't have it, for insatnce, we were at a restaurant the other night and the little bugger started ringing (with the obnoxious ring my girls put on it) I swear everyone in the place turned to stare, and just when I put my hand on the thing and felt a moments triumph....yup, you guessed it...I grabbed the WRONG ONE!!!!

iggyshotthebear

Registered Member
I've got a Samsung SGH-X497. Its a cute lil clamshell style phone (cause Im so sure you are into cute) ... Battery life so far has been about 4 days if Im only texting.. I dont get many calls on it so if you plan on being on the actual cell lines instead of a landline alot, I would definetly go for one with a longer real talk battery life. My husband has a Nokia 'standard' something or other ( will ask him ) and the talk time on it is insane... he can talk to co workers for atleast 5 days (nearly non stop.. so it seems) ....

I also think you need to check out which are the best providers in your area.. Cause if you have a crappy provider and your phone will eat up the battery life searching for signal constantly.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Do you all use ringtones or the standard built in "phone" sounding rings?

I have "Beverly Hills Cops Theme" as my ringer. Paid $1 one time fee when I first got my phone and it's been my ring ever since.

Iggy, I would never go 4 days only texting..!! I hate texting to begin with because it's just so annoying cycling through the letters. I'd just as soon leave a text message unreplied and just call the person later. :)

Roland_Jenkins

Registered Member
We use sprint. At the time it had the best coverage for the areas we were traveling through.
Now that we are settled in one place, we use it for all our long distance calls.

Dunno what type of phone it is. What ever cheapo flip phone came with the service when we signed up.

No fancy ring tones, no text messaging. Got voice mail :) I like that.

For the most part I find cell phones annoying. When I'm in Safeway I see people trying to steer the Kart with one hand and hold the phone with the other. They stop in the middle of the isle and are oblvious to other people wanting to get by.
I found the cure for that. One of them little air horns / compressed air that you get a boat shop works wonders. :D

Bunny_roses

what? no pink?
Roland_Jenkins said:
I found the cure for that. One of them little air horns / compressed air that you get a boat shop works wonders. :D

:-o :lol: HAHA!! that is funny!! I can just picture that.

my phone just has the regular old ring song thing that was on the phone when I got it. the one thing that I notice though is that it is pretty loud lol luckily I don't get many calls on it lol

iggyshotthebear

Registered Member
Andrew said:
Do you all use ringtones or the standard built in "phone" sounding rings?

I have "Beverly Hills Cops Theme" as my ringer. Paid $1 one time fee when I first got my phone and it's been my ring ever since.

Iggy, I would never go 4 days only texting..!! I hate texting to begin with because it's just so annoying cycling through the letters. I'd just as soon leave a text message unreplied and just call the person later. :)
I use whatever ringtones are 'free' on the fun club for samsung... bought two for my husband for when he calls (zelda in the field)... and another one for my dad when he calls "Mr Mom" hehehehe.