• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

TV What TV shows do you watch?

bgeezyrepping33

I'm loving Boondocks. I'm to try my best to watch it as much as possible before those people who have no interest in it, try their hardest to get it off the air. Other than that, I watch Smallville (my real favorite show), Monk, Deadzone, and the 4400. My Name Is Earl and Everybody Hates Chris are some very funny shows too.

Pianobone

Registered Member
Buckeye101 said:
Other than Futurama, Family Guy, and American Dad, Adult Swim blows. Most of those other shows are just retarded.
Amen. Crack babies with chainsaws lodged in their brains could write better filth than what's on Adult Swim. Actually, expand that. Cartoon Network sucks in general. There's nothing appealing about that channel at all. They got rid of any of the cartoons that were worth watching, such as Loony Tunes, Popeye and Tom & Jerry. All that's on now is this worthless scribbles that some college student drew up in 2nd hour "Flash Animation 101" class. There's no "art" to cartoons anymore, it's all thrown together in a blender.

thrillhouse22

THRILLHO
So, Pianobone, what kind of things are you interested in? I would really like to go ahead and allow myself to completely tear every aspect of your intellect to shreds just because of the shows you watch and the music you listen to. Insulting someone's intelligence solely based upon what their tastes are is very ignorant and closed-minded. I could point out some very obvious things about the cartoons you mentioned (even though I kind of like Looney Tunes), but then I'd be lowering myself to your level.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Relax, thrill. Nobody is insulting your intelligence. It's the same thing as you saying you don't like a certain kind of music.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I do agree that there's no more art in cartoons, but you're calling a walkng and talking rabbit art? Or two mice art? It's as much art as the independant cartoons that they show on Adult Swim. That's what they are, the cartoon equivallent of independant movies. When's the last time you saw a REALLY good indy movie that compared to the budget and quality of a commercial movie? It's the same thing with the cartoons, Adult Swim doesn't have much funding, and most of it is probably spent on their big flagship shows.

Shawk

Registered Member
I only watch Lost.. I love that show.

If I had the G4 channel I would watch it all the time though...

There are a few game review shows I watch on "The man channel"

LaRazaUnida

Registered Member
I just got all of Robot Chicken, that show is nutts. I have Seasons 1-6 of Southpark because I love that show, but usually miss it on Wednesdays because I teach ESL classes to parents in title 1 schools.

I am hooked on sCRYed, (Just finished Hell Sing***** rating), Samuri Champloo, Boondooks is a hoot, love Harvey Birdman, but Cowboys Football PWNS all

On the subject of Cartoon Network sucking, I will agree, but I do like The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy. I think that show is hilarious.

LaRazaUnida

Registered Member
RossDude said:
On the subject of Cartoon Network sucking, I will agree, but I do like The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy. I think that show is hilarious.
The token black kid always gets hurt:cute:

Pianobone

Registered Member
ScubaSteve said:
I do agree that there's no more art in cartoons, but you're calling a walkng and talking rabbit art? Or two mice art?
Just saying that with old cartoons, they actually colored inside the lines and finished drawings. Watch Adult Swim sometime, seriously. They draw half-cartoons and then they paper-mache crap on the screen. It looks all pasted together.

I'm not saying that style of art is bad, but it certainly doesn't appeal to me and the fact that the show's plots and characters are about as deep as a poor man's pockets is just icing on the cake as to why I won't watch it.