What to read after Fables

MissMe

Registered Member
I recently finished reading the Fable series of comics and have been looking for something similar to read. I have started Saga, finished up Y The Last Man and am also reading The Walking Dead. Fables has been my favorite so far and I would love to read another series like it.

Interis

Registered Member
Fables remind me of a visual novel called Cinders. It's a spin-off of the old Cinderella tale we know, with more touches of darkness if we want to go that way. If you are looking for something similar with a different touch, I'd recommend giving Cinders a try.

A visual novel is a unique experience; it feels like reading a book whose plot grows based on the choices made by you as if you're playing a game.

Sophia

Registered Member
You may think I'm crazy but have you ever read The Wizard of Oz? Talk about dark. There's much more to the novel than was ever put in the movie. There are many graphic novel versions of this on Amazon. Give it a go. I think you will like it.

MissMe

Registered Member
Fables remind me of a visual novel called Cinders. It's a spin-off of the old Cinderella tale we know, with more touches of darkness if we want to go that way. If you are looking for something similar with a different touch, I'd recommend giving Cinders a try.

A visual novel is a unique experience; it feels like reading a book whose plot grows based on the choices made by you as if you're playing a game.
I have not tried a visual novel yet but I have been interested in trying one out. I guess it just reminds me too much of a game than a comic. I just looked up Cinders though and I think this is the one that I will start with! Thanks for the suggestion.

You may think I'm crazy but have you ever read The Wizard of Oz? Talk about dark. There's much more to the novel than was ever put in the movie. There are many graphic novel versions of this on Amazon. Give it a go. I think you will like it.
Yes I have read The Wizard of Oz and you are right, it is a very dark story. Even thought I've already read it, it's a good suggestion.