What to do with captured terrorists?

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by Bunny, Feb 17, 2007.

1. Bunny

Bunny Guest

Here is a suggestion:

Sent them to all to Israeli jails and have them constantly listen to Hava Nigilla (spelling?). That will stop their fellow countrymen wanting to be terrorists. And since they hate the Israelis already, there is no increased threat of attack.

2. Ibby

Ibby Guest

Find out they are really terrorists first.

3. Bunny

Bunny Guest

They going to admit it in a legal court are they Ibby? Law doesn't work the same way in the Middle East for a start. The first casualty in war is the truth (on both sides).

4. Ibby

Ibby Guest

My point is don't just grab anybody you think is a terrorist and then accept it because your government says so.

5. Bunny

Bunny Guest

But then you might not know they are a terrorist until too late. They themselves, or their society or government, have got themselves or their society into this pickle. Caution is better than a mistake.

6. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

That statement essientally gives the government unlimited rights to detain people in the interests of safety.

The US has been unable to convince anyone that the people that they detain:

-consistently have shown to commit acts of hostility against the US, or fund such people
    -been a part of a terrorist organization
    -have connections to the people they allege

I'd much rather send prisioners to a country closer to their home but is safe enough to prevent escape than clog up our prision system with convicted terrorists.

7. rex3

rex3 Guest

Execuse me bunny, but i think the actions of Israel are illegal. Illegaly invading then occupying someones country would surely lead to retaliation by the people of the land. How could you not expect terrorism, when a nation is occupying there land?

8. Bunny

Bunny Guest

THis is how and why wars have been fought for centuries. There is NO SUCH THING as an illegal war in the civilian sense.

9. Jabato

Jabato Guest

I agree with Bunny when he/she says that caution is better than a mistake. At least not a single terrorists act on US soil, since 9-11.
    What to do with terrorists? I've always been against capital punishment, but folks.........I believe I'm changing my mind since a couple of years ago.
    On the other hand the US is now "The Empire", as the UK used to be with the Queen Victoria, or Spain with Felipe II, or France with Napoleon or Rome with Julio C├ęsar...........and democracy do not work among countries.

10. Gavik

Gavik Registered Member

Here's a far out concept: Hold a trial