• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

What to do about illegal immigration?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
What do you guys feel about illegal immigrants living in the US. First of all let me say that I am not racist and I do not discriminate against other people based on race. Anybody from any race who enters the US legally and goes through the system deserves to be here and should get a pat on the back for doing it the right way.

As for illegal immigrants, what do you think should be done with them? Neither party wants to kick them out because somehow they think that they will get more of the Spanish vote if they are allowed to stay. It's not like Spanish people entered here legally want others to be able to slide through the cracks illegally and will vote for anyone who supports illegal immigration... or is it? Strange indeed.

They sneak across the border and give birth and are magically granted citizenship. Hospitals along the US/Mexican border are filled with illegal immigrant mothers who sneak across just to become citizens when they have their child here. As far as I'm concerned if you are an alien here and you have a kid here then your kid should not be a citizen here and neither should you. That is a ridiculous loophole in the system that I really have a problem with.

Other times they just live here and stay long after their work permit runs out. I have heard of one too many cases where somebody was hurt in car accident and had to go through their own insurance because the person who hit them was an illegal immigrant with no insurance or money.

But how do you keep them out? What should be done to enforce some sort of realistic penalty for illegal aliens? The punishment should fit the crime, but if we put them in jail here then our tax dollars are wasted. If we deport them back to Mexico (or wherever), then they come back the next day.

What are your thoughts on this?

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Welcome to MexAmeriCanada. The North American Union is a few years away and there is nothing you can do about it.

Its policy. Its the Amero dollar. Its spp.gov(yes that IS a federal governemnt website). Its free borders and free trade. Its Mexican trucks coming into the states unchecked NEXT WEEK. Its not building a fence along the border or enforcing the law. You never voted on it and you never were involved in the debate. Its called the North American Union.

Nobody is willing to do anything about illegals because we are racing towards one large government between the 3 countries. Integration of citizens is a step in that direction.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
They're also building a huge superhighway through the middle of the US, Canada, and Mexico.

pantherace

Registered Member
Welcome to MexAmeriCanada. The North American Union is a few years away and there is nothing you can do about it.

Its policy. Its the Amero dollar. Its spp.gov(yes that IS a federal governemnt website). Its free borders and free trade. Its Mexican trucks coming into the states unchecked NEXT WEEK. Its not building a fence along the border or enforcing the law. You never voted on it and you never were involved in the debate. Its called the North American Union.

Nobody is willing to do anything about illegals because we are racing towards one large government between the 3 countries. Integration of citizens is a step in that direction.
I don't know. All my friends in Canada are completely against joining with the United States. I personally would have a problem with that too. You have two very different types of government between us and Canada, but probably a joining of the two would really be more like America's government expanding. I find it really hard to think that American government would lose any of it's current control for the Canadian government. And I really don't like the idea of America growing that much.

Every time I've crossed the Canadian border, it's been extremely difficult with the customs agents. If anything, that border is getting tighter over the years. It's obvious the Canadians don't want Americans staying over that, just like we don't want Mexicans staying over here. I would be very surprised to see any borders change significantly any time real soon.

I agree illegal immigration is a problem, but I don't know if it's as big a problem as they make it seem like sometimes. The problems that come out of it don't seem near as large as the problems we would have financially if we didn't have those illegal immigrants. They don't get high paying jobs, and work jobs that no one else wants. That's also just money that gets circulated right back into our economy. If you suddenly kick them all out, it would not have a good effect. I don't think there is an easy answer, but it would help if the government started focusing on our relationship with Mexico a little more and get more of their support.

One solution I know I don't approve of is taking away of rights. I'm not talking about the government paying for illegal immigrants to live here, that's ridiculous. I mean human rights. The police enforcement at the immigration rally in LA last week was way over the line. A stricter government is never a good thing, and taking out the little guys by giving the government more power is a bigger problem than illegal immigration.