what the hell!

Discussion in 'The Bathroom Wall' started by Iris, Jan 8, 2008.

1. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

I hate exams! Something bad always happens that screws me over no matter what I do.

I had to answer 10ish or so questions about 8 songs. I was on the last one and decided to stop there because I hadn't done anything since opening it.

Well, i saved out of habit and it said the file was corrupt and to try another floppy. Only it wasn't a floppy, it was my exhdd. So, I figured I didn't have to save it and exited out.

When I checked on it, it wasn't there! I can't find it!!!!!!!! That was two weeks of work and it's due TOMORROW.

In FIRST PERIOD.

Plus I have a project to do, review sheets, and prepare of a BIG notebook check along with study for my exam in history tomorrow. I'm FUCKED.

2. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

It always helps to put things in perspective when situations like this happen. One time I accidentally deleted an 8 page paper.

Calm dawn figure out what your next step will be. Then do what you think you should do.

Remember Himeko they are only grades its only one project will you fail because of it? Sometimes you need to sit back and realize they are only grades.

I dont know if that helped but I hope it did.

3. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

It's one rare occasions like these that I pull an all-nighter. Chances are you'll get things done, but you'll feel like shit.

4. Swiftstrike

I do the same thing if the grade is worth it.

I have actually found almost every time I do an all-nighter it is hardly worth it.

One time in a 750 point project which was a company Audit I said fuck it and didnt finish the audit. I lost like 150 points right of the bat but it was worth not staying up all night for.

5. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

Yeah. It's for History of the Vietnam war. And we've only had one other grade in that class, which was notes on movies. Which I didn't do.

So the songs and this 5 page paper (which my friend is doing for me since I'm doing his Latin project, just a family tree) will be the only grades. If I don't do it, I'll fail, if I do, I'll probably get a B- or a C.

But I've calmed down... I'm almost done with my friend's project, after that I'll work on my American History, then I'll work on the songs, and just keep switching through assignments. I've made a pot of coffee and I'm buzzing.

I know what you're thinking, what am I doing on here? For sanity control. :] I'll pop in every few hours just for five minutes and to relax. lol

Yeah, it did help Swift. Thank you. :D

Oh, all of the grades are worth it. I made a deal with my mom that if I maintain a 3.0+ I'll get 500 bucks from her. Then my sister said she would give me 500 if I was able to do it.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2008
  6. Kyo_Muramasa

Kyo_Muramasa Nefarious Kaizoku Capt'n

I usually pull all-nighters and I tell you from experience that they ARE worth it, but I like the thrill of the last minute work and that's usually when I do my best work instead of taking my time in which for some reason my work is not as good >.>;

But do it all Himie, it will do you good in the long run even if you don't think so now.

7. Swiftstrike

That good that it helped. But what kind of value do you put on your education if money your main motivation? I like to learn knew things.

I always have had a problem with folks giving money to kids for good grades. Seems to defeat the purpose of learning or the whole education process. Then again people get educations to earn money in a career...

But I always looked at education as an opportunity to better yourself. Without money would you even bother with education?

Well I am in a paradox now.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2008
  8. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

Actually, what they don't know was that I was already aiming to go for a 3.0+ :D

So it's like a bonus? And I doubt I'll get all of it. They constantly make promises they can't keep or just decide to forget about them altogether. I'll probably get like 100 from both of them.