What the hell? No more wedging

Discussion in 'NFL' started by micfranklin, May 13, 2009.

1. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

Honestly, sometimes I think the people in the NFL are either trying to bore the shit out of people or have nothing better to do, because this is mind-bogglingly stupid.

Oh how I wish the recession would claim victims here.

2. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

I agree completely. At times they enact rule changes that need to be made, and other times it just seems they're a bunch of clueless buffoons. This one fits the latter.

3. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

I don't get it, watching players lock up is the second best moment during a kickoff.

4. SuiGeneris

SuiGeneris blue 3

Well, needless to say it's going to be interesting to see what happens once the season comes. The rule itself came out of no where, in my opinion, but I'm not sure why they enacted it at all. I don't agree with the decision, but I don't think it'll hurt the game. The kick returners may be scrambling a bit more!

5. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

I swear these people just come up with these rules just to talk about something in the offseason. This rule makes no sense at all.

6. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

For the sake of everyone who watches pro football they need to pick a set of rules and stay with it. Not change it up halfway through the season or after the season, stay with it.

7. Matriqulated

Matriqulated Future is Fused 3036A.D.

The Eagles owner Jeff Lurie was vocally against this rule during the owners meeting (NFL network), and obviously so since the we have, fraction Jackson, 36 West, & Q.Demps. But this will hurt teams like the browns, Jets, and Bears much more. Not sure I really care because unless you have Devin Hester it is rare to run one back. I still don't get it though.

But about boring the NFL, the PI change a couple season ago as helped teams who are pass heavy like the Colt, Cardinals, and Eagles so not all rule changes are to make the game boring.

I still don't understand the reasons behind this rule change however.