What the hell is this!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SamusAran86, Jan 10, 2008.

1. SamusAran86

SamusAran86 Registered Member

2. Hanzo_Hattori

Hanzo_Hattori For the Horde!

LOL, "Thi-Thh-THINK" ,a live news TV typo.

Anyway,I see nothing wrong with Sesame Street, Cookie Monster eating cookies?, Nearly every episode in the Rugrats the babies are wanting cookies,Heck babies even love to watch the Simpsons.

3. SamusAran86

SamusAran86 Registered Member

yes, but you have to realize that there are alot of things considered wrong anymore

Popeye: Japs toon
    Tom & Jerry: too violent
    Speedy Gonzalez: steriotype
    Bugs Bunny

4. JjCrazyboy

JjCrazyboy Registered Member

Yes I love how they talk about how old cartoons are wrong..... I love how people go after sesame street it is complete bull.

5. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

It's ok though. At least kids noadays can enjoy wholesome and educational shows such as Sponge Bob Square Pants.

I'll take the old cartoons ANY day over Sponge Bob. That show is a mindless mess.

Yes, Tom & Jerry or Bugs Bunny don't really have much over Sponge Bob in terms of educational value, but at least I never felt dumber after watching them.

6. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

That;'s because the original Bugs Bunny came from a time when Cartoons weren't just for kids. a lot of his older cartoons are quite well done and enjoyable by anyone.

7. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

I loved watching spongebob when I was in college. It was always good for a laugh I dont watch it much anymore but I use to occasionally tune into the reruns on Nicktoons TV

8. Psyco

Psyco Food Whore

I still watch Tom & Jerry while i'm up at school during the day. Its a lot better than most of the stuff on tv, and it shows a time that every new cartoon didn't have to be anime-esque or futuristic.

9. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

It's because a lot of parents have gotten way too sensitive about little things that their kids do, it's kind of like how Christmas plays are actually about Hanukkah now instead of Christmas, I think that it's stupid how sensitive some parents are getting that they don't want their kids watching tom and jerry or Popeye (doesn't he teach kids that eating spinach is good?) I think that ratings on things are no longer as reliable as they used to be.

10. ChristineES

ChristineES Registered Member

I learned how to read at age 4 watching Sesame Street and Electric Company, so I don't any problem with classic Sesame Street.