What teams will make the finals?

Exclusive

Registered Member
What teams do you think will make the NBA Finals in 08-09? I think it's between the Celtics, Pistons, Raptors and Cavs in the East and the Spurs, Lakers, Hornets in the West? What do you think? I want Pistons or Raps to win :)

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Isn't it a little early? Pre-season hasn't even started yet.

I don't see anyone in the East beating the Celtics. The West is a lot harder to predict. There are so many good teams, anything could happen.

Isn't it a little early? Pre-season hasn't even started yet.

I don't see anyone in the East beating the Celtics. The West is a lot harder to predict. There are so many good teams, anything could happen.
The Cavaliers have a shot at beating the Celtics. Pistons have aged but they're capable of slowing down the Celtics.

But you're right about the East being more predictable than the West.

I really hope that the Rockets will get out of the 1st round so T-mac doesn't get nagged anymore for being a 2nd round virgin. Lakers and Spurs are my favorites for the West.

General-G

Registered Member
I think it will be the cavs and the Celtics,and i think that the celtics are going to win in that case....(As u can see in my sig and avvie i'm a nuggs fan..but seeing them in the finals is still a dream)
And Weezy are u a die hard Bball fan?

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I think it will be the cavs and the Celtics,and i think that the celtics are going to win in that case....(As u can see in my sig and avvie i'm a nuggs fan..but seeing them in the finals is still a dream)
And Weezy are u a die hard Bball fan?
You're a huge NBA fan and you think the Cavs and Celtics can meet in the finals? :confused:

General-G

Registered Member
Sorry that was dumb i know.I have been talking about the playoffs much lately and that envolved Celtics and Cavaliers meeting in the playoffs...not in the finals(shame on me for predicting an east to east final:()
To the topic again:I dont think the raptors will do it,i'm not a fan of the rockets but they definitly have a shot this year...

Last edited:

Exclusive

Registered Member
Yes, I am a huge basketball fan. I watch it on TV, Go to Games, Play varsity and play on my highschool team. Pistons may have aged but Billups, Hamilton and PRINCE can still pack a punch. Don't doubt them. The Raptors are looking great this year with O'neal and Bosh up front. Anthony Parker and Jose Calderon and Jamario Moon. The bench isn't half bad either

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
It's very early to predict the NBA Finals, like Echoes mentioned the Pre-season is not even close of starting.

But I believe the Celtics will make the Finals again, hopefully the Raptors with the O'neal addition can give them a run for there money.

In the west, the Spurs and Lakers have a great chance, maybe the Hornets with a year of experience can make it. But it's to early to predict, anything can happen during the season, injuries, trades, you name it.