• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

What stresses you out?

shelgarr

Registered Member
We all have different kind of things that stress us. Mine is being over committed meaning I always feel like I need to rush. With a family that functions at different speeds with different desires, it is chaotic and tense.

Currently though, I have an unemployed overly talkative husband, an emotional 16 y/o girl, two rough-housing puppies, a son yelling while playing xbox, and an extended family on a fantastic cruise to Bermuda that I proposed a year ago, made a deposit, which we gave up because we don't have jobs. So feeling a bit stressed and maybe a little unhappy.:-/

Last edited:

stripes

Registered Member
Being busy or over-committed is definitely NOT a stress factor for me. It's something I handle particularly well.

For me, the problem is "change". I can't handle a routine being thrown off, and without plenty of notice for an event, activity or happening I can go into a mini-meltdown.

Friends know to give me plenty of warning for events, and if things don't go to plan people know to help me work out an alternative, or to step back and let me simmer for a while.

Maybe you can go to all my unexpected events, and deal with any changes for me, and I'll sit and work out some balance in your life? :p:

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
I'm pretty relaxed but in the long term I feel somewhat stressed about natural things that come with getting older. Mainly illness, actually. I've always been a bit of a hypochondriac and I think about scary stuff that could easily happen to me or people I love, in the future, a lot.

As for day to day things, my only real stresses are always to do with other people. For example, I get stressed about letting someone down, or how to word things or tactfully avoid doing something I don't want to do with someone else.
I always thought I don't handle change well at all but turns out that in practice it doesn't affect me half as much as I assumed it would.

The most stressed I've ever been in was for sure during second year university exams, for the first semester of that year. It was a positive thing in the end because it really made me focus and try much harder for the second semester, in which everything went a lot smoother.

Apart from that ^ experience, every time I'm under stress I don't really feel it emotionally. It always comes out physically, which I find kinda interesting. That happens to my dad, too.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I get stressed out when I'm about to go to work in the morning. The pressure to be there on time makes me nervous.
Another thing is when my mom starts her moralistic monologue. Why/When/How I did that or this...how I should have done it ... and so on. She has the nerve to talk about this in the morning, when I'm getting ready to work.

Something else is whenever I have to meet someone or have other appointments. The biggest stress is when I don't find where I left the things I need before going out. [wallet, bag, glasses, lipstick...etc.]. I end up making a HUGE mess around to find what I need.

Dabs

Registered Member
My life is stress, I know of no other way to put it. I am prescribed Xanax, 90 pills per month, I am to take them 3 times per day.
I have a daughter who has tried to kill me, not once, but twice.
She hates my fucking guts, and I have to change my cell phone number way more than I should.
I have a granddaughter, her name is Jada, who just turned 12. (need I say more??)
Really, about the granddaughter, she is showing signs of puberty- oh yeah, my fucking lucky day! She likes boys, she talks on her cell way too much. She doesn't clean her room like I would like her to. She is lazy. But, she is a good girl, and the teachers all tell me she is good in school, so I guess it evens out.
I have to drive 24 miles each day, to get to the school I work at, whereas my granddaughter's school, is less than 1 mile away. (I work in another county.)
They are attempting to put new flooring down in my apartment, so I have to have all my small items and breakables packed up, to save time. I live in a very large 3 bedroom, and I have a lot of stuff. I am freaking out at the thoughts of a moving crew coming in and removing all my furniture and then putting it back in. I have my Mother's china cabinet, that's a family heirloom. Stuff like that frightens me, makes my tummy all squiggly feeling.
I have started the packing process, but they won't be starting my apartment till next week. I cuss them out every time I see them.
Things I have no control over, can stress me out.
I stress over stress.
That's why I also have ulcers. I make myself sick with worry sometimes.
And I stress over my health. I hope that I will be strong enough and healthy enough and live long enough, to raise Jada till she's at least 18 and able to be on her own.

shelgarr

Registered Member
I get stressed out when I'm about to go to work in the morning. The pressure to be there on time makes me nervous.
Another thing is when my mom starts her moralistic monologue. Why/When/How I did that or this...how I should have done it ... and so on. She has the nerve to talk about this in the morning, when I'm getting ready to work.

Something else is whenever I have to meet someone or have other appointments. The biggest stress is when I don't find where I left the things I need before going out. [wallet, bag, glasses, lipstick...etc.]. I end up making a HUGE mess around to find what I need.
That is SO me too. I cannot stand when I've misplaced something or someone in my family has. Major anxiety! So that I avoid it, I have a place for everything yet my household is such that things get moved around.

Bradguy123

My brother, he has temper tantrums a lot. Also, he does stuff with his girlfriend in his car, which I have to ride in. Who knows where those stains came from?

Dabs

Registered Member
My brother, he has temper tantrums a lot. Also, he does stuff with his girlfriend in his car, which I have to ride in. Who knows where those stains came from?
LMAO!
Sorry dude, not laughing at you, well.....no no, I'm really not!
But if that's all I had to stress over, I'd be one God damn happy go lucky camper!! :lol:

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
School is the main thing that stresses me out and I have to take a lot of responsibility for myself now and it's a bit hard because I am used to people doing things for me.

Neverdidit

Registered Member
I am currently going through the Fostering Process. We have done alot so far and we have been told that if our Background Checks come back clear, our Medicals come back good and all checks done on our families then we are looking at going before the Panel end of Sept. Now I am stressing out as we both have to fill in all our dates of Employment ( I have had quite a few jobs), Schools, Colleges, marriages (i've had 2 previous marriages and so have hubby) etc etc. wow so much to remember but it will be so worth it in the end. :)