• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

What sports story would you watch a 10-part series on?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Now that the Last Dance is done. What else would work in this format, sports-wise? Obviously, they would need enough footage, but imagine they did for the sake of this thread.

Here are a few for me:

Jackie Robinson
Mickey Mantle
Bill Russell
Wilt Chamberlain
Jim Brown

Those are just to name a few.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Any of those. In addition:

Wayne Gretzky
Muhammad Ali
The Patriots
Ted Williams
Didn’t know, or at least remembered, you were such a big fan of Gretzky.

Love the addition of Williams. What a life. One of the best ball players ever, and a tremendous pilot during war.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I remember watching him with the Oilers, would catch games on ESPN. I’m not a big hockey fan anymore, but watching him get so many goals and assists, breaking all kinds of records, was great to watch. He was just at a different level.

I had to go to LA in ‘93 for work when he was with the Kings, and I was bummed they weren’t in town at the time.

dDave

V.I.P.
Wilt Chamberlain or Bill Russel Would be really interesting. Though, I'd be more inclined to say a series about the 1960s Celtics in general would be just as good.

I think it'd be super cool to get a 10-part series on the history of the Olympics. Most notable performances, the way a lot of the sports and the games changed over time, etc.

Other than that, I'd love to see a series about Kobe Bryant, especially since he recently passed away.