• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

What sports did you play in high school?

BigBob

Registered Member
Figured we could get this started.. thought I did it before but I don't think I really did. What sports did you play in high school and what positions did you play?

I played football, started at nose tackle and defensive tackle. Also go stuck at defensive end during a few plays, not very many. During practice I had jumped into line backer on the scout team because no one else wanted to do it one practice.

Also, I threw shot put in high school.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I played Football and Baseball for my high School. First Base / Catcher for Baseball and Center for Football.

Outside of Highschool (but while I was in it) I played ice hockey. In fact I pretty much just played Hockey During high school and the other two sports were kind of my off-season hobbies :hah:

I play Defense in hockey.

Impact

V.I.P.
I played Netball, Rounders (which is similar to Baseball) and Hockey. In Netball I played the Goal Attack position, and Hockey I played defense. Not ice hockey like you play in the states...regular running around hockey.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Football: Safety and later LB

Baseball: Left Field and some Pitcher

Basketball: Forward

I also boxed a little at the Boys and Girls Club.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I played baseball for a couple of years. Mostly played first base but also played in the outfield.

Won the state championship in bowling for my high school in 2001.

That's about it...I had previously played roller hockey and soccer and volleyball but stopped before high school.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I played a lot of golf, but not for the school team. I never bothered trying out because the coach was a dick and I didn't really like anyone on the team.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I played baseball for a couple of years. Mostly played first base but also played in the outfield.

Won the state championship in bowling for my high school in 2001.

That's about it...I had previously played roller hockey and soccer and volleyball but stopped before high school.
Wow, man, a state championship. That's pretty awesome. I bowled a little in college, my buddies and I played in bowling leagues. It was a lot of fun.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I played baseball through highschool, until grade 12, I got onto the school rugby team. Rugby was fun haha. I really wish I could have played hockey during school, but it costs so much to play.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Wow, man, a state championship. That's pretty awesome. I bowled a little in college, my buddies and I played in bowling leagues. It was a lot of fun.
Yeah it was! It was a crazy day. We played from 9AM to 6PM and outlasted 52 other teams throughout the area. I was also injured the night before but somehow played through it haha...pretty sad my sporting highlight in high school was bowling but eh whatever works. Typical dork that I am.

I still play now days...average is at 200.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Yeah it was! It was a crazy day. We played from 9AM to 6PM and outlasted 52 other teams throughout the area. I was also injured the night before but somehow played through it haha...pretty sad my sporting highlight in high school was bowling but eh whatever works. Typical dork that I am.

I still play now days...average is at 200.
Nah, any sporting highlight like that is pretty cool. I don't really play much anymore but I would think I could probably bowl about a 140 right now.