• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

What should the Age of Consent Be?

What should the Age of Consent Be?

• Total voters

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The majority age of consent worldwide is 16. In your opinion what should the age of consent be?

Look at the poll for some opitions.

Dabs

Registered Member
Consent to what??
Drinking??
Having sex??
Marrying??
Carrying a gun??
Not sure what you're getting at :-/

Kibi

Babeasaurus Sex
I feel that the age of consent is basically saying "We believe the citizens of this age are ready to take on the emotional strains and physical challenges presented by sex"

I believe at 16 I was not ready. However that does not mean that some girls who are 14 are not mature and stable enough to express themselves in this manner.

Heres my issue:

Girls are still being brought up believing that sex = love. They are still being taught that a man/boyfriend/lover defines them and their worth.

Whilst this is happening very few are emotionally mature enough to start a physical relationship. Girls, women hell even men need to start learning to respect themselves and love themselves.

In answer to the op - it doesn't really matter if you set it too high people will disobey it if you set it too low it becomes a case of stealing innocence...

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Yeah Dabs is right. A 16 year old teenager can't do everything that does a 21 year old adult. So it really depends on what we're talking about.

Kibi

Babeasaurus Sex
Consent to what??
Drinking??
Having sex??
Marrying??
Carrying a gun??
for most countries the age of consent is what is concerned with sex. People don't often give their consent to order a beer...

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
for most countries the age of consent is what is concerned with sex. People don't often give their consent to order a beer...
Well..if we talk about sex , I'd say at the age of 18 or over.
And it goes the same about marriage and drinking and voting and everything.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Consent to what??
Drinking??
Having sex??
Marrying??
Carrying a gun??
I thought it was pretty obvious that I'm talking about Sex here, especially when I said the "The majority age of consent worldwide is 16" Sorry for not being more specific on the matter.

Dabs

Registered Member
I thought it was pretty obvious that I'm talking about Sex here, especially when I said the "The majority age of consent worldwide is 16" Sorry for not being more specific on the matter.

No problem.....but here in Tennessee, we have an age of consent to get married law.
And a consent to carry a gun, you have to have permission.
And so, I wanted to be clear before I answered.
Truthfully, I'd like to see it be age 18...but doubtful that will ever happen.
I was 15 when I lost my virginity..not saying I would have turned out any different if I had been 18 or older, but.....sex should be special.
And it seems like these days, girls are doing it, just to be 'doing it'...then giggling about it.
Holding onto your virginity should be taken like something of value.....
And technically, in most places, you aren't considered an adult until you are age 18, so, the adults should be able to tell you "NO SEX"....just my 2 cents~

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I was 15 when I lost my virginity..not saying I would have turned out any different if I had been 18 or older, but.....sex should be special.
In this case, sex can be special at any age. Just because you're 17 doesn't mean it's less special. It all depends on how you feel and on your partner. If you both make it special, then it is.

So, the age of consent about sex is different from the age that makes sex special. [the latter is a personal experience].

Last edited:

Dabs

Registered Member
In this case, sex can be special at any age. Just because you're 17 doesn't mean it's less special. It all depends on how you feel and on your partner. If you both make it special, then it is.

So, the age of consent about sex is different from the age that makes sex special. [the latter is a personal experience].

You make perfect sense Elly.
But looking back when I was 15 - 17.......ehh...I don't see anything special about the sex I had ~LoL~
It wasn't until my latter years, as I grew older...and I realized the full meaning of sex, that I find it to be more special.
It's not just fun and games..well, not for me anyway :)