• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

What Shipping Do You Use?

What Shipping Do You Use?

• Total voters

Julie

Registered Member
I'm curious to hear what everyone likes to use to ship or receive items!

Julie

Registered Member
You can enter more than one choice, BTW!

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
I wish their was a magical shipping fairy, then I'd list loads more auctions. I cannot sat it enough......"I HATE PACKING & SHIPPING"!!!!

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
Me..It all depends on where the item is going..And who can get it there the cheapest!!:-o :nod: :lol:
Hey gotta save as much as I can...Need the money for paying for my auctions:D
But most of the time it's USPS..

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I voted USPS because I mainly use them. I have used FedEx and UPS as well of course, but prefer USPS.

Mainly because they deliver on Saturday without an extra fee. :)

iggyshotthebear

Registered Member
Ive had several problems with each of these companies except for DHL. They weren't around when I was posting eBay ads for a job. USPS seems to be the best choice even if they screw up on occassion. USPS also comes to my door if I request a pickup. Saturday deliveries are definetly a plus!

If I had an item that needed a larger box than USPS could handle I would go for UPS mainly because they run so early around here and the guy that picks up is cuter than the FedEx dude :p hehehehe

Julie

Registered Member
Nightsurfer said:
Me..It all depends on where the item is going..And who can get it there the cheapest!!:-o :nod: :lol:
This is me all the way...ever since selling on eBay became a FT job for both of vs. when it used to just be a PT thing for me. I used to just use USPS & UPS. From talking with other sellers...decided by their suggestions to check out DHL Ground & FedEx Ground. I set up accounts with both of them & they are hooked up to my PayPal account. I love being able to do all my shipping online. And now that PayPal has added USPS International Airmail & Global Priority, it's even better! Used to be the only time I had to leave the house for shipping was if it was going International. I basically go by who can get it there the fastest for the best price too.

I have found that if I am shipping in-state that DHL Ground is sometimes cheaper than USPS depending on how much it weighs...and the customer gets it the next day! But that's the main reason I use DHL Ground. They've let me down on a few shipments getting them to the customer in time. They don't put a strong guarantee on delivery times for Ground.

If I am shipping International, FedEx Ground is a good one to compare to USPS rates. They are usually cheaper & get it there about the same timewise as if you sent it Airmail or Global Priority. Plus FedEx guarantees their delivery times. There were a couple shipments that got to the customer late...I called billing & they credited me for part of the shipping.

As for across the country, it's whoever can get it there for the best price with the fastest time. I think UPS Ground has become pretty much obsolete for me. I have yet to have them be cheaper than DHL Ground or FedEx Ground when I check rate quotes. So I guess I'm a USPS-FedEx-DHL shipper.

Roland_Jenkins

Registered Member
When I was a seller I used USPS priority mail. The items I sold were lite, USPS provides the boxes, tape and delivery confirmation FOC

I also prefer to have shipped to me via USPS cause UPS doesn't delivery up here. Instead they call us and leave it at a quick mart six miles away. Post office will at least get it to the mail box and that's only 1.2 miles :)